The Last Guardian (Trico, Ico 3, Shadow of the Colossus sequel, etc.) [PS4]

They were fans of previous 2 games of Team ICO which are rare examples of good "gaming art". They expected the same from TLG.

I don't really understand why people can be fans of a game that never existed, and demand that its released, when they have no idea what it was. All they ever saw was a BS teaser that was released FIVE YEARS ago. The last team Team Ico released a new game was 2005.
The previous two games had a pretty unique experience. People are fans of their previous work. The trailer had a similar vibe. They want the game hoping they will get to revisit that beautiful experience

I don't really understand why people can be fans of a game that never existed, and demand that its released, when they have no idea what it was. All they ever saw was a BS teaser that was released FIVE YEARS ago. The last team Team Ico released a new game was 2005.

Half Life 3 says hi.
With the difference being that The Last Guardian actually had a trailer released. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus happen in the same universe and are actually connected. It's expected that The Last Guardian will be an Ico 3 as much as SotC was an Ico 2.

I don't really understand why people can be fans of a game that never existed
I don't think it's fandom of the game per se, just anticipation of another Team Ico game. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus were ground breaking for me. Made me change how I thought about games. I am very interested to see what they come up with next.

At the E3 2015 Sony Press Conference, it was confirmed that The Last Guardian is coming to PS4 in 2016.

Possible down side is the graphics look mostly the same as it did 5 years ago. It's hard to imagine it's not run on a PS3.

Shadow of the Colossus came out 10 years ago. I hope the game is good. I really do. But I don't have a lot of faith in a studio that couldn't release at least two games in that timeframe. You have two problems. One, the talent left because of mismanagement (which is the only thing that explains not releasing a new game in this time). Two, the talent is still there and they're out of date, not having managed to release a game in this time. Building a game is building the tools and the process you need to realize the creativity of your artists and designers. Did they not give those people the tools they needed? What happened? I'm wary of this title, as great as Shadow of the Colossus was a decade ago.

Shadow of the Colossus came out 10 years ago. I hope the game is good. I really do. But I don't have a lot of faith in a studio that couldn't release at least two games in that timeframe. You have two problems. One, the talent left because of mismanagement (which is the only thing that explains not releasing a new game in this time). Two, the talent is still there and they're out of date, not having managed to release a game in this time. Building a game is building the tools and the process you need to realize the creativity of your artists and designers. Did they not give those people the tools they needed? What happened? I'm wary of this title, as great as Shadow of the Colossus was a decade ago.
Frankly this looked more like a PR stunt on Sony's part to start the conference with a bang given there lack of exclusives. So far, Everything besides TLG, Horizon (no release date at all), Media Molecule's weird movie maker is a multiplatform game (even No Mann's Sky is now only a timed exclusive on PS4)

This game looked quite underwhelming..,wrt graphics, but also gameplay wise....

Did they even work on this game for the last years?
I disagree about the gameplay. Based on what was going on between the kid, the creature and the physics I suspect they probably had an issue on the PS3.
The graphics were indeed underwhelming though

Back