The First Game that reach CG quality?

Serenity Painted Death said:
Yes, we do.

But hey, KILLZONE was real too! I'm certain we'll have those graphics on PS3 launch!
No need to make fun. I'm just not making assumptions we really know nothing about.

Yes, we do.

But hey, KILLZONE was real too! I'm certain we'll have those graphics on PS3 launch!

It could come close. And even then we would see a close up that close unless it was some kind of celebration dance.

I was kinda disapointed Tekken 5/4 kinda took away all the cgi endings for each character, and instead they gave us kind of a comic storybook style ending. Which was dissapointing after all those cgi endings that spoiled me for tekken tag, etc. Maybe if they can get close to those kind of visuals they could save space by not using movies but real time action to display endings. Then again, if they do go the cgi route, blu-ray is always there with the extra space if they need it. Point is, we really dont know much about the game so I wouldnt assume much until they tell/show us more.

Killzone2 possible

mckmas8808 said:
It could come close. And even then we would see a close up that close unless it was some kind of celebration dance.

I do not know why many say killzone2 not possible. Look at COD2 at 60fps. If 30fps, detail is possible to double no? So maybe even Xbox360 can have Killzone2 graphics. I feel no problem for PS2. I also feel some aspect like background detail is not so good in killzone2 video. Look at how nice is Elder Scroll Oblivion background detail and also detail for characters.

We all know there is no way that Tekken will look that good.

Non-Nextgen Console
sub_el_p03.jpg

Tekken (PS3) Hopefully
virtuafighter517ft.png

We gotta believe that this will happen. PS3 should be stronger than that arcade board right?

mckmas8808 said:
Non-Nextgen Console
http://www.virtuafighter.jp/image/sub_chara/sub_el_p03.jpg[IMG]

Tekken (PS3) Hopefully
[IMG]http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2825/virtuafighter517ft.png[IMG]

We gotta believe that this will happen. PS3 should be stronger than that arcade board right?[/QUOTE]
Yeah I definately think Tekken is possible, but I'm just gonna wait until Namco gets their shit together and gives us some details before I say its 100% gonna be like the e3 teaser.

We just gotta wait, hopefully won't be too long. ;)

time

Bad_Boy said:
texture and physics too?

Developer of PGR2 did not say about texture and physics.

But at 30fps, only half animation frames required actions so 2x processing time available for this purpose. Actually 2x processing time available for all calculations no? Also, 2x time for loading textures for each frame is like 2x bandwidth speed so maybe better texture as well.

Can only guess

mckmas8808 said:
Non-Nextgen Console
sub_el_p03.jpg

Tekken (PS3) Hopefully
virtuafighter517ft.png

We gotta believe that this will happen. PS3 should be stronger than that arcade board right?

PS3 CPU is much faster so maybe better detail and physics and probably GPU is also faster so better shading but Sega Lindbergh has 3x RAM so maybe VF5 has better texture but I do not know.

I've always been a fan of Blizzard's CG movies. Just watch the intro movie for World of Warcraft and it's apparent that even next gen games will be quite a ways off the mark.

Bad_Boy said:
60fps to 30fps, and having detail doubling? I dont think it works like that.

Not to mention that this would mean that COD2 looks 50% as good as that damned KZ trailer. I dunno about you guys but I don't think so...

Bad_Boy said:
I was kinda disapointed Tekken 5/4 kinda took away all the cgi endings for each character, and instead they gave us kind of a comic storybook style ending. Which was dissapointing after all those cgi endings that spoiled me for tekken tag, etc. Maybe if they can get close to those kind of visuals they could save space by not using movies but real time action to display endings. Then again, if they do go the cgi route, blu-ray is always there with the extra space if they need it. Point is, we really dont know much about the game so I wouldnt assume much until they tell/show us more.
They still had CG endings. The intro and middle were comic book style, but the ending was CG.

Back