The First Game that reach CG quality?

dantruon said:
if the intro of BD is real time then the person who claim that must not be in the right mind when (s)he claims that Killzone 2 or motorstorm for that matter is CG.
i'm not sure that it isn't CG either, I'm certainly not going to defend it as if I know it's fact. It seems to be the text indicates it's realtime, but that's hardly conclusive.

However, there's a big difference between the games you mention and BD, BD displays thetext "realtime graphics on xbox360", KZ or Motorstorm refused to say that it was in fact realtime, and even recently all the motorstorm guys would say is "That's all PS3..."

Nobody's crazy for believing the intro is realtime, they are simply believing the developer, maybe a little gullible but not crazy.

IF Guerilla has said point blank "this is all realtime" then we all believe it was in fact realtime, or at least they would have to get the benefit of the doubt. They refused to say it though, which is why you WOULD be crazy for thinking it's realtime.

scooby_dooby said:
i'm not sure that it isn't CG either, I'm certainly not going to defend it as if I know it's fact. It seems to be the text indicates it's realtime, but that's hardly conclusive.

However, there's a big difference between the games you mention and BD, BD displays thetext "realtime graphics on xbox360", KZ or Motorstorm refused to say that it was in fact realtime, and even recently all the motorstorm guys would say is "That's all PS3..."

Nobody's crazy for believing the intro is realtime, they are simply believing the developer, maybe a little gullible but not crazy.

IF Guerilla has said point blank "this is all realtime" then we all believe it was in fact realtime, or at least they would have to get the benefit of the doubt. They refused to say it though, which is why you WOULD be crazy for thinking it's realtime.

the text that you were going on about was display AFTER the intro and as some has mentions here, there are a big diffrence between the intro and the sequence after the text.

dantruon said:
the text that you were going on about was display AFTER the intro and as some has mentions here, there are a big diffrence between the intro and the sequence after the text.

and the 2nd half of the intro is at the END of the movie. welcome to last week.

scooby_dooby said:
and the 2nd half of the intro is at the END of the movie. welcome to last week.

Exactly, the text was probably put there so the opening sequence made an even bigger impact on the viewer. Not to make the distinction between realtime and CG.

It's not so much about where that text is, as it is about the quality difference between the footages, which is very very obvious to me at least.
Anyway, this thread is about cgi quality games of the future, and if some of the footage shown for BD is really not near of cgi quality, how on earth could the same game at other parts be of cgi quality unless those other parts were offline prerendered cgi???

...how on earth this thread became of Blue Dragon? There are more graphically impressive games for xbox360, surely. Is it because it's the latest new game shown for xbox360 it needs the attention and is getting people overly excited?

Last edited by a moderator:
Signal:Noise Ratio must remain high

mckmas8808 said:
Go aheard brother. Say what you want to say.
mckmas8808 said:
Go ahead and say what you want to say. I'm interested in hearing your opinion. Seriously.
If that opinion is agaisnt the rules of the forum, then no you're not interested in hearing it. ;)

BTW, keep on topic, folks, there's already a thread on Blue Dragon's trailer if you want to discuss this trailer specifically.

no way does Virtua Fighter 5 look CG quality

you know what is running VF5 don't you? a Pentium 4 and either an NV40- GeForce 6800
or G70 - GeForce 7800 and a large helping of average RAM.

VF5 models look nice, but not CG quality or complexity.

I suppose some games have started to look CG-ish in some respects, but that happened a long time ago, during the Dreamcast era. we're not going to see near-CG graphics, I mean stuff that really appears to be like CG, in games, until the next decade

Megadrive1988 said:
I suppose some games have started to look CG-ish in some respects, but that happened a long time ago, during the Dreamcast era. we're not going to see near-CG graphics, I mean stuff that really appears to be like CG, in games, until the next decade

Depends on your definition of real CG.;)

the first ps2 game that made me wonder if it was realtime or CG was silent hill 3
even my brother who prefers PC was shoked when he saw it, i was playing and he came in when there was a cutscene, he believed it was a CG cutscene until he saw that right after i was playing in the same environment.
The best character was the detective who was really detailed
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/silentHill3_032503_01.jpg

shadows effects in this game were also incredible, for a ps2 i mean
sh3_0116_19.jpg

dude, there is no way that Lost Planet come anywhere near CGish quality, if a fighting game such as VF5 which only focus on two character and the background at one time doesnt even consider to be CG quality then what makes you think Lost Planet would.

dantruon said:
dude, there is no way that Lost Planet come anywhere near CGish quality, if a fighting game such as VF5 which only focus on two character and the background at one time doesnt even consider to be CG quality then what makes you think Lost Planet would.

I'm just judging by what ive seen so far, not speculating. There is sthg in that trailer ( ingame sequences with mech and on foot ) that makes a lot of difference with other titles. There is always sthg that would seem weak in a RT scene compared to CG its obvious , but you can get an overall result in a non "2 char on screen " to look better than a fighting game.

Motion blur, Hdr, DOF, nice animations help a lot...
lp14mp.jpg

Back