The Annual E3 Sony press conference thread, 2016 edition

Yup, nothing I'm seeing so far is making me change my opinion on VR. If the game doesn't look interesting non-VR it's certainly not going to interest me in VR.

You're never going to be sold on VR looking at VR games on a 2D screen. It still sounds pretentious but to 'get' VR you have to emerge yourself in a good VR game. It's startling how quickly your detachment fades as VR removes your point of reference to the real world.

VR is not going to make a bad game good but it can make a already atmospheric game much more potent. But the truth is very few VR games will really deliver.

Lot's of great games. Focus purely on the games in such a conference is perfect.

GOW missed a bit the epic-ness of the other E3 GOW reveals.

However, thanks god we get Kratos! No GOW without him. Prefect portrait of him as a father: super strict and nearly unforgiving...loved it! Combat seems extremely different: short axe combat versus blades of chaos combat?? Not sure what to think of it, especially: where is all the blood and gore???? Hope they don't cut this out!!

Days gone...looked kind of meh. What is the point in having (what it seems) a bog standard zombie game?? I guess Bend played to much TLoU and wanted to actionify it...again, meh.

I found the RE7 demo by doing a search. Also it's only for the plus subscribeers.
I am browsing the store with my phone, managed to "purchase" it but when I try to initiate the download to PS4 I get error.
I'm at EU store.

Last edited:
Man, Days Gone looks awesome. I hte zombie games but this unrelenting train of zombies looks great ! Somehow the mood is very right, light yet gritty !

Don't like the new GOW camera anagle, makes the game slow. My guess is they are introducing the kid as the new protagonist, Kratos beig an intro to the game. Time will tell, but the TPS like camera can't give the trills of action like before.

Now I am convinced of Horizon, they got the gamepay in there, which I was doubtful about ! Good job Guerilla !

and boy that Kojima Kojima Kojima chanting ! :D That trailer was freaking awesome ! Awesome :p !

Great show, gonna download the Doom and RE 7 demos now. Kindof weird how RE 7 is completely inspired by PT even in the way they have given out the demo. Konami's loss is Capsom's gain !

I found the RE7 demo by doing a search. Also it's only for the plus subscribeers.
I am browsing the store with my phone, managed to "purchase" it but when I try to initiate the download to PS4 I get error.
I am a PS+ subscriber and I cant find it in search either

Searching with "Resident Evil 7" I can find it. I'm at European store (Finland).
Still keep getting a download error.

Is it me or there was a lot of samey-looking forest gameplay trailers. Forest, trees, sun rays, trees, trees, trees... If it weren't for the different character running, I'd think it's the same game. I mean I get it, now we can have very pretty forest levels with pretty trees, pretty lighting, pretty grass. But that doesn't mean it's all we should see!
It's like when water effects started to look good a few years ago - water everywhere! ripples! waves! water! WATERRRR!!

L-B, that's called outdoors.
Outdoors is what's outside indoors... rooms, corridors, halls. The trees are something you get when you go out of cramped cities.
I think we see more trees in games because open worlds, meaning your movement is not limited to indoors and city streets.

Not feeling the new God of War. I've just about had it with these barely interactive, super-scripted third person games where everyone mostly just talks and talks and then talks some more. So many minutes wasted on not killing dudes and those precious "feels". Still sceptical about REVII. Hopefully it'll be more than yet another first person runnning-away-simulator, first and foremost created with let's players in mind. But hey, I get to play TLG this year (unless they'll delay it), so it's all good.
I also kinda liked Days Gone. Looked like TLoU with a much bigger focus gameplay.

Last edited:
Is it me or there was a lot of samey-looking forest gameplay trailers. Forest, trees, sun rays, trees, trees, trees... If it weren't for the different character running, I'd think it's the same game. I mean I get it, now we can have very pretty forest levels with pretty trees, pretty lighting, pretty grass. But that doesn't mean it's all we should see!
It's like when water effects started to look good a few years ago - water everywhere! ripples! waves! water! WATERRRR!!
Wait, I thought you only replayed Death Stranding reveal over and over....

Such as? Not trying to be a dick, genuinely curious. RoTR certainly wasn't one of them... that was published by SE.

edit: Mass Effect?

In case you missed my edit, the description in the video clearly states that it's a PS4 exclusive, and Sony has been pretty clear on what's exclusive, timed exclusive or multiplatform this generation.

Take that for what you will. But for now at least it's an exclusive.

I just watched the Video again and while it is stated as being in development for the PlayStation 4 (as are all multiplatform games) it does not say it is exclusive to the PS4. I might have missed it so if you can provide a timestamp for when it states it, I'd be grateful.

As well SCEA (publishers of the Spiderman game) have published games that later appeared on Windows (usually under separate publishers) such as Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Nom Nom Galaxy, and others. Although Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is interestingly published on Windows by Sony via PlayStation Mobile Inc.

Regards,
SB

Back