The Annual E3 Sony press conference thread, 2016 edition

Sony's conference was very strong in terms of the games but as much as I hate scripted dialogue between gamers on stage playing games I do think Sony should have talked a bit more about direction of the platform. Some things I really wanted to see or hear about during the Sony conference but didn't are:

• external hard drive support for PS4
  • some additional details about PSVR - how hard is it going to be to buy PSVR this fall, how many preorders have they taken ytd?
  • Vita - I don't think they showed a single game...
  • indie support - Sony was pretty quiet on this front, what happened?
  • Playstation Now - they keep growing the library and I can envision a future with a subscription that allows access to stream current AAA titles designed for PS4 to a dumb terminal but no mention, where are they intending to go with this initiative? How many subscribers do they have now?
  • PS4 Camera - still seeing virtually zero support, is the camera being absorbed into a VR peripheral or will Sony release software for the device
They didn't even show all their own games like Gravity rush 2 (which looks awesome), next Sucker Punch game or even GT Sports. With PSVR they had too much games to show this year so they probably had to cut down the business talk, indies stuff and probably many others VR games.

I thought they made a strong statement about the direction of the platform: Games, games, games. Also they very recently stated in an interview that they expected PSVR shortages.

Finally got to watch it. Amazing conference, well paced, much shorter than previous occasions and with a ton of content. I'd say biggest surprise REVII, best gameplay Horizon and best overall GOW. Very happy about Spiderman too, although i saw the trailer before watching the conference.

Back