The Annual E3 general discussion thread, 2016 edition

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
Going in with no expectations, hopefully we get a new Elder Scrolls tonight :)

Looks like we might be getting the next Red Dead, which may be announced during Sony's conference. As long as they also ship it on XB1 I'll be happy.

Tommy McClain

You are aware that Fallout 4 was released 7-8 months ago, and that Bethesda makes games every 3-4 years? If they rush it, ES6 can come out in late 2017 [but I don't think it will].

Then there's absolutely no point for a conference. What do they have to show? Dishonored 2? We already know about that.

2016 - Dishonored 2, some new Fallout 4 DLC, Skyrim remastered
2017 - new game from Tango Games [Evil Within 2?], new game from Machine Games [Wolfenstein 2?], new game from Arkane's 2nd studio [Prey 2? or whatever that project is now]

Plus they have their TES MMO, Battlecry and maybe suprise iOS/Android game [last time they had Fallout Shelter].

They have MORE THAN ENOUGH for an hour long show. I can'f freaking wait for Wolfenstein 2!

You are aware that Fallout 4 was released 7-8 months ago
IIRC, Beth has stated that Elder Scrolls Offline team is separate from Elder Scrolls Online, which makes me believe ES team is separate from Fallout team as well.

I don't really know though, but one can always hope. We're about ready for a new ES game I would say. Oblivion launched in like...2005? Skyrim in 2011. Been almost half a decade since Skyrim...

Are they revealing everything before the show? Didn't these pressers used to come about mid e3 week? Will there be any third party mid show surprises?

Anyways, nothing shown so far really sticking out to me that much. Seems an expected diminished quantity of games too. I mean, Dishonored 2, Titanfall 2, BF1, Mass Effect, just a relatively small number of biggies being shown. I guess Titanfall 2 (campaign) looks the most up my alley so far.

Last edited:
Mass Effect looks great. However, at the end, the video states that some of the scenes do not(!) represent actual gameplay. Meh.

IIRC, Beth has stated that Elder Scrolls Offline team is separate from Elder Scrolls Online, which makes me believe ES team is separate from Fallout team as well.
Elder Scrolls Online is its own thing but Todd Howard, game director for Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim and Fallout 4, said in pre-launch interviews for Fallout 4 that it's just the one team but they work on multiple projects simultaneously at differnet stages. E.g. they were working on Fallout 4 concept and design while making Skyrim.

It's possible that these were all controlled leaks. Only things we already knew ahead of time were leaked. Anything worth keeping behind closed doors has been relatively locked shut and that goes for Sony, Nintendo and MS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope for new exclusive games for X1.

I hope we get some more first party AAA IPs.

I bought the One for playing its exclusives, and there were some fantastic ones this gen like TR, Ryse, QB and H5.

Bring on new games! You can do it MS! I am ready :cool:

I hope for new exclusive games for X1.

I hope we get some more first party AAA IPs.

I bought the One for playing its exclusives, and there were some fantastic ones this gen like TR, Ryse, QB and H5.

Bring on new games! You can do it MS! I am ready :cool:
There won't be. New course is Xbox/Win 10. And only Halo5 from your list is exclusive.

It's possible that these were all controlled leaks. Only things we already knew ahead of time were leaked. Anything worth keeping behind closed doors has been relatively locked shut and that goes for Sony, Nintendo and MS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This.

How many additional gamers are now going to checkout to the MS Conference just because of those leak Slim pictures.

That only shows what's available. You still need an XB1 to play XB games - they don't run on PC. I guess biggest possiblity here is MS making cross-platform play an option, so buying an XB1 game lets you download the Windows version as well and vice versa.

The other nice thing is that you can buy games directly from your PC, anywhere. Yes, you can do it from the web as well using an internet browser. But it would allow you to bypass using a browser if you wished.

Think of it like Steam. It allows you to easily manage your games/applications across a variety of platforms. In this case, Windows PC, Windows Phone, and Xbox versus Windows, Mac, and Linux.

It's also a first step in unifying the various separate platforms into one platform. Currently Xbox games are a separate codebase from Windows PC games. But in the future it's entirely possible that they'll share the same codebase with just platform specific UI changes.

Regards,
SB

You will be able to send an invite to your contacts to upgrade their computer to windows 10.
This will unlock an achievement.

Anything worth keeping behind closed doors has been relatively locked shut and that goes for Sony, Nintendo and MS

Nintendo is the most secure by not even showing up to the event.

Back