Street Fighter V

That's a shame, but that's the way it goes. Of course, you could get it on PC and then stream it to X1, so yeah.....I got nothing. I love fighting games and will not be able to resist getting SFV at some point.

Leaning towards getting it on PS4, but don't want to have to buy another fight stick---wish they were cross platform (X360/X1, PS3/PS4 and PC) compatible. I bought a Titan One that allows me to use my X360 stick on the X1/PS3, but I'm not sure if it work for the PS4 as well since I don't have one yet.

Downfall? Come on. What makes interacting (evidently in a completely non-sexual way no less) with a cute girl using a head mounted display so much worse tha, let's say, submiting yourself to VR torture via Capcom's The Kitchen demo? I just don't get it. It's Milo with a lady.

Last edited:
I'm not too impressed with the visuals for a next gen platform. It's a step up from Ultra SFIV in resolution/framerate (maybe), but not a huge step imo.

It could be because there is not a whole lot going on in the stages and lack of particles, but I realize the game isn't done yet. Lighting is definitely nicer.

I also thought that initially but then I saw what SF4 actually looks like now and I can honestly say I suffer from embellishing memory. Not the first time.
SFV looks miles better.

All I've seen are youtube and Twitch streams since I don't have a PS4. When the Beta was working, I'd switch from Ultra SFIV and SFV and wasn't too impressed. I'm not saying it doesn't look good, just not a big leap from SFIV to me. The art is definitely more appealing as I never really liked the SFIV models though.

I have heard from other streamers who have seen it in person, say it looks better although even they say the backgrounds need work and will be updated.

I watched the new character reveal for Vega today too and like the direction they are taking with him. I'll probably main Chun Li when I get it unless Blanka is revealed. I'll be super hyped to see what they do with Akuma if they bring him back as the Bison changes were very good.

Edit: Stream on Twitch at CapcomFighters. Animation is also a step up as well.

Last edited:
I disagree, but to each his own.

The detail in the character models and levels, and the lighting and effects look much better IMO.

I attended a SFV launch party event on Friday and got to play a couple of matches. Had lots of fun with the game. looks lovely. SF does the whole fists-on-faces impact sensation so much better than the competition, and that's mostly due to the fantastic animations and crunchy sound effects. The lack of selectable stages was a little disappointing, and the loading times were a bit on the wrong side of what I'm hoping for a fighting game as well, but then I have no idea whether the version I played was a hundred percent finished. Looking forward to the game in two weeks.

Last edited:
All I've seen are youtube and Twitch streams since I don't have a PS4. When the Beta was working, I'd switch from Ultra SFIV and SFV and wasn't too impressed. I'm not saying it doesn't look good, just not a big leap from SFIV to me. The art is definitely more appealing as I never really liked the SFIV models though.

I have heard from other streamers who have seen it in person, say it looks better although even they say the backgrounds need work and will be updated.

I watched the new character reveal for Vega today too and like the direction they are taking with him. I'll probably main Chun Li when I get it unless Blanka is revealed. I'll be super hyped to see what they do with Akuma if they bring him back as the Bison changes were very good.

Edit: Stream on Twitch at CapcomFighters. Animation is also a step up as well.
I was in the beta. There is a very noticeable difference. Watching it in real life does a world of a difference

Indeed. The wonderful little touches adorning the character models are completely wasted on a crappy video stream. Heck, even most of the full HD screen shots floating around the net are compressed to hell and back.

I was in the beta. There is a very noticeable difference. Watching it in real life does a world of a difference

I can appreciate that as there is a big difference in watching KI being streamed and playing it on my big screen. I will get this on PC once I build a new rig (my first).

Heh. I'm trying to select characters now based on archetype.
Rush down, good normals, zoning, and grappling. Somewhere in there Cammy and Ken will need to be removed for a grappling character. I think there are other characters aside chun with great normals but she seems a natural fit for my lack of ability. For zoning I'm thinking dhalsim, much like I'm trying to improve my Glacius, but Glacius still has a lot of rush down that dhalsim doesn't.

Heh. I'm trying to select characters now based on archetype.
Rush down, good normals, zoning, and grappling. Somewhere in there Cammy and Ken will need to be removed for a grappling character. I think there are other characters aside chun with great normals but she seems a natural fit for my lack of ability. For zoning I'm thinking dhalsim, much like I'm trying to improve my Glacius, but Glacius still has a lot of rush down that dhalsim doesn't.

You're going to love the S3 changes for Glacius. Regarding SFV archetypes, I think unless you're superbly talented like Justin Wong or Rico Suave, you can only really play a few characters at a high level. I can play most of the KI and SFIV cast basically, but at a high level, only 2 or 3.

Back