Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by ToTTenTranz, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Silent_Buddha

Legend

What a weird game. Torture of women and children is A-OK as is portrayals of killing children. However, bloodless dismemberment of humanoids is out of the question.

One of the better Star Wars games in the past decade, but still doesn't hold a candle to KOTOR 1 & 2 or the Jedi Knight games, IMO. Granted the KOTOR games were RPGs.

Also,

It bothers me immensely that Cere uses a Sith lightsaber to knight Cal Kestis

Regards,
    SB

Andre Siqueira likes this.
  2. Sigfried1977

Legend Veteran

I'm really enjoying it. Bumped it up to its second highest level of difficulty and what I got was basically Star Souls. It feels rather unfinished, though. Reminds me of the release version of another prominent UE4 game: Days Gone. Loads of what I'm assuming to be IO-related hitching issues. Thankfully it's very stable during combat at least. Certainly could've used another 1 or 2 months in the oven. Hopefully an EA-owned company is gonna be given the time and money Bend studios got to support the title post release. Bit of a shame all the same considering what we got teeters on the brink of greatness.

3. Silent_Buddha

Legend

One thing that struck me as being a bit strange in light of the past Star Wars games that I played. There is no choice in the game. You can't choose to be Light side or Dark side. All of the non-space simulation Star Wars games I've ever played allowed the player to decide whether they would be virtuous and stay with the Light or whether they would be seduced by the temptations of the Dark side.

To me, it feels like more of Disney's influence. Granted I didn't play some of the linear Star Wars games from the X360/PS3 era as they seemed far too dull, so maybe this has been a recent trend in Star Wars games?

That said, I'm interested to see if Respawn are allowed to follow up with another title in the series. I hope they get the chance.

Regards,
    SB

4. Kyyla

Veteran

It's pretty good. I'm playing on the highest difficulty and it feels like a cross between Dark Souls and Prince of Persia with a Star Wars theme. Fun game.

5. ToTTenTranz

Legend Veteran Subscriber

Both Force Unleashed games only prompted a dark / light side decision at the very end IIRC but those are a decade old and there's been no other Star Wars game save from battlefront and lego stuff.

I think it's nice that not all star wars games somehow need to implement a good/bad choice/path. I think that method of defining the alignment throughout in-game choices is good for pure(r) RPG games where the genre itself pushes for defining your character, which Bioware (KOTOR) then applied to the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series.

Fallen Order is a game that wants to tell you their story, not a game that wants you to build your story. I don't think Disney had anything to do with this decision.

Kyyla, milk and BRiT like this.
  6. Xbat

Veteran Newcomer

Yup, Darksiders 3 had the exact same issues too.

Animations in Star Wars are poor , look bad and not very responsive.

#46 Xbat, Nov 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  7. Sigfried1977

Legend Veteran

I decided to put the game aside for a while. I think the somewhat shambolic state the game's currently in really doesn't do the solid foundations enough justice.

8. Kyyla

Veteran

What exactly is shambolic? I had zero problems with the game.

9. Andre Siqueira

Newcomer

I really enjoyed this game. I felt sometimes that a waypoint on scenarios previously finished could be added, but overall, I really enjoyed.
    I don't often finish games, this gen I only completed Witcher 3 and Spiderman (my 1st and only Platinum). This was the 3rd game I finished.

Now I'm thinking about going to Titanfall 2 to experience more games from Respawn.

10. Sigfried1977

Legend Veteran

I encountered everything from annoying stutters all the way to seconds-long freezes , textures that fail to load, glitchy traversal mechanics and enemies floating to their spawn points in their t-poses. Granted, none of it was game-breaking, but these issues happened frequently enough to chip away at the game's immersive qualities.

11. Tkumpathenurpahl

Tkumpathenurpahl Oil my grapes.
    Veteran Newcomer

They t-pose now?