Star Wars: Force Unleashed

So? You seem to be justifying a game that doesn't deserve it. Yes, it'll sell to Star Wars fans but that's it. The game was very hyped and now it's not even mediocre, it's just bad.

It's not that bad, and to be honest I don't think the release schedules for 360 and PS3 are really stellar until mid October. This game can probably do pretty well mid-September, even being a so-so title.

It's not that bad, and to be honest I don't think the release schedules for 360 and PS3 are really stellar until mid October. This game can probably do pretty well mid-September, even being a so-so title.

The demo was bad in my book. A complete and utter lack of real design makes a game bad, I don't give 5/10 because it managed to run.

I agree on one point that the level they showed for the demo lacked in interesting design. It was straight corridors with "press the button to open a gate" replaced with "push". The disappointment was that every fight had to be done the same way, but then this was just one level of the game and they might not be able to show a better level for the loss of story surprises.Who knows? Demos seldom are good.

All in all, it felt very PS2 like to me in gameplay, I liked the graphics, they are fine to me.

This game is probably going to be this year's Assassin's Creed. If reviews match user opinions, we're going to see a wide range of scores. And regardless it'll sell a lot.

I felt the gameplay was solid. Takes some getting used to but once you understand how it is supposed to be played it's a peice of cake. Almost too easy, but then it's just a very early level.

People having trouble with the walker should be using lightning. It stuns it breifly.

And regarding blocking. You don't need the block button at all for the demo. Maybe in the full game there will be times you need it during melee combat or something. But for just blocking blaster fire you don't need to hold the block button. He dispatches them automatically.

And regarding blocking. You don't need the block button at all for the demo. Maybe in the full game there will be times you need it during melee combat or something. But for just blocking blaster fire you don't need to hold the block button. He dispatches them automatically.

Yeah, he seems to block individual shots automatically, but if you have more than one guy firing at you rapidly, the only way he'll block them all is with the block button. Took me a second play through to notice it.

Yep, and you can't move while blocking fully. I hope that gets upgraded when you level up or something because I'm used to being able to block and run as a Jedi from other games, i.e. Jedi Knight.

Eurogamer Review: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 7 / 10
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=238600

GameSpot Reviews Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 7.5 / 10
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/starwars2007/review.html
Visual bugs, momentary pauses, and frame rate drops are relatively common, and somewhat more prevalent in the PlayStation 3 version. We encountered instances of blinking textures, incomplete geometry, and on the PS3, multiple occasions when enemy character models would immediately disappear upon defeat
PS3 lead platform????

Gametrailers: Force Unleashed Review 6.9
http://n4g.com/ps3/News-199125.aspx

IGN's Review for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for the PS3 7.3 / 10
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/910/910000p1.html

It's a shame, this game had such great possibility, being in the star wars universe, on now-gen, with excellent graphics and a great hook, (throw shit around with force powers).

But the demo, I just cant handle the way force throw is controlled, it's just not intuitive. That alone told me I would not be getting the game.

It's going to be a huge seller though, I'll tell you that..

It's a shame, this game had such great possibility, being in the star wars universe, on now-gen, with excellent graphics and a great hook, (throw shit around with force powers).

But the demo, I just cant handle the way force throw is controlled, it's just not intuitive. That alone told me I would not be getting the game.

It's going to be a huge seller though, I'll tell you that..

Exactly what I think; especially wrt the force powers. Still, every time I see it on the tv I think it looks fantastic.

PS3 lead platform????

""Multiplatform development was one of our biggest challenges," he told the jam-packed hall in the basement of the Moscone Center. After George Lucas famously urged the studio to "go build that game" upon seeing the first test reels from TFU, they began work straight away on Xbox 360 dev kits in late summer 2005--because that was all the studio had. "

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6186606.html

I am not surprised scores aren't very high, demo was showing it(doing same things over and over in a boring environment.

Interesting, the IGN review says exactly the opposite.

'The Xbox 360 version has bits of screen tearing and framerate stuttering'

Graphics

360: 7.5

PS3: 8.0

Judging from the demo (360), I would not give graphics 7.5. It should be at least 8.5, maybe 9. Also, I have never experienced any screen tearing or frame-rate problems as well. I am still on the edge about buying this. The only problem is they say the game is too short (8-10 hours even if you take your time).

Actually I played the demo on my PS3 and it wasnt bad at all. I found the controls to be just fine. Yall need to get a bit more ambidextrous or something lol. It was an easy game to play and beat! Throwing stuff around was simple just point in the direction you wanna toss it and voila! And the graphics were quite spectacular despite the fact I was on playing on an OOOOLLLLD 53 inch Hitach using component and not HDMI and it could not support the widescreen res so it had black bars top and bottom...and the colors were messed up. But that didnt hide the fact that it was a damn good looking game. Cant wait to buy it over Christmas. That and MGS4.

Back