Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

10 to 15 minute break every 30 minutes ? Damn I must be dead , I used the dev kit 2 to play 6 hours of aliens last night.

10 to 15 minute break every 30 minutes ? Damn I must be dead , I used the dev kit 2 to play 6 hours of aliens last night.

The weirdest effect, and something I've never seen before on anything (even medication), is losing the ability to multitask. Like, WTF!?! :eek:

hahahahaha dude 6 hours of Alien:I with VR is overkill! You must have burned lots of brain cells. I bet you ve got a Gaiger anaglyph curved on your brain's outer layer after this.
I couldnt stop thinking about that game for days after I finished it!

If Sony is smart they will add a camera to their VR headset. maybe even buy Leap motion.

Oculus has already made a smart move by buying Nimble VR

thats pretty cool. It removes the requirement to hold an additional controller like the move for hand movement

thats pretty cool. It removes the requirement to hold an additional controller like the move for hand movement

I love the Playstation Move but this make too much sense for anyone making a VR headset to neglect.

I don't think they use Move for hand tracking (the cam can do this) it's for additional interaction with the game like jump, run, fire, throw grenade, switch weapons, menu/pause, reload, zoom-on-scope, interact with item, use health pack, open map and scroll around it to set a waypoint and the dozen other things you have a control dilemma for because you have no buttons or sticks if all your have is two hands.

Some games with simpler controls would probably benefit though.

#want

(I couldn't find an Oculus thread anywhere, and we seem to be talking about OR on here more than Morpheus so...)
Well, lately Project Morpheus is a bit like God.
#want

(I couldn't find an Oculus thread anywhere, and we seem to be talking about OR on here more than Morpheus so...)
Well, lately Project Morpheus is a bit like God. People know it exists but nobody have seen it. :) I mean...just lately, Sony are being very secretive about it.

Here is a pretty cool Sony patent for using a IR light & camera on a HMD for bring close objects into the virtual world. stuff like your hands that are right in front of the display so you can see your hands in a VR/MR game.

HEAD-MOUNTABLE APPARATUS AND SYSTEMS

I'm hoping that this tech makes it into Project Morpheus before it's released.

Well, lately Project Morpheus is a bit like God. People know it exists but nobody have seen it. :) I mean...just lately, Sony are being very secretive about it.

Sony let the public try Morpheus at every event. After its unveiling at GDC last year, there were public demonstrations at E3, Gamescom, TGS and their PSX event.

Little bump. Little I love Bjork post. Only Bjork would think of doing a VR music video.....

Let's say for a moment that the experimental Oculus VR movies that came out of Sundancedidn't do anything for you, but that Icelandic songwriters totally float your boat. You're in luck because Björk's upcoming video for "Stonemilker" will be available for Oculus Rift, according to an interview with Fast Company. She says that the platform is "almost more intimate than real life" and finds it exciting in general, citing its "crazy panoramic" abilities. Don't go thinking this means she'll release an entire album for it, similar to what she did with 2011's Biophilia being released as an app, though:

Last edited:
They're going to spend a lot of time talking about morpheus at GDC this week...
http://vrfocus.com/archives/11117/sony-providing-update-project-morpheus-gdc-2015/
http://vrfocus.com/archives/11791/sony-holding-project-morpheus-event-gdc-2015/
the company will be hosting a number of sessions based on VR, the most promising of which is ‘Beyond Immersion – Project Morpheus and PlayStation‘, set to take place on 4th March. However SCE has now announced an entire event dedicated to the device that will run on 3rd March.

Fingers crossed for an oled screen... or if they stay with LCD I hope for something fancy like a short pulsed backlight.

I guess we'll have the final specs for the processor box, there's still a lot of unknown, last time they talked about it, they weren't even sure if they'd let the PS4 do the processing instead.

Back