New Sony HDTVs

Those Brasil prices... geez :oops: Xbox 360s for $1000+ USD... and now TVs for $15K+.... crikey. :(

Where do you get the cash for all that? ;)

Christ! You could save $10,000 just buying the exact same model in the US.

Here is a better solution. Go to the US. Buy a brand new shiny truck for $10,000. Buy 52" TV for $6000. Drive your new truck back to Brazil with the new TV!

Have to work harder and buy less. Sometimes not buy like this case. :cry:

Better burn some plasma. The latest Panny plasma 50" is US$ 4,100.00
But my Trinitron is doing a good job in the living room with 4:3 content for now and prices are falling for HDTV.

Have to work harder and buy less. Sometimes not buy like this case. :cry:

Better burn some plasma. The latest Panny plasma 50" is US$ 4,100.00
But my Trinitron is doing a good job in the living room with 4:3 content for now and prices are falling for HDTV.

:(

Know what you mean...

I've got a 32" Trinitron XBR from about 8 years ago. I was thinking of replacing it this Christmas, but I'm thinking it's got one more year. :)

Our Trinitrons are mature technology for SDTV. :)

See the good side, we will get better/newer HDTV tech and at lower price.

That's the plan. :devilish: I was thinking next Christmas because that's when I plan to get a 360 (those should be the 65nm versions plus a good DVD drive). All the games I want now should be cheaper by then too. Then there are the new games coming throughout 2007 like... Halo 3. :love:

In the meantime I can play 360 games on my friend's 50" LCD Sony Wega :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Little tip: There is this MPEG Noise reduction feature on the new Sony TVs.

TURN THAT CRAP OFF if you care at all about games!!

But I had it turned-on on my TV and I was wondering why games at 720p looked like shit especially compared to 1080p. After turning it off there was a huge improvement. Don't even use the low setting, turn it off!

I think it only affects non-1080p images. On regular TV/BS it looked like it had only a very subtle effect. And in 1080p games also not really noticable. But it makes 720p and SD games look blurry as hell.

Those Brasil prices... geez :oops: Xbox 360s for $1000+ USD... and now TVs for $15K+.... crikey. :(

The Wii is selling for r$ 2400, which is approx. u$ 1200.

preposterous.

how can a country wish to be considered modern by practicing such prices.

IIRC compared to my klv-32s200A there are some:
- 3 HDMIs
- Full High Definition
- 1:1 pixel mapping with full HD in the HDMI channels
- wider color gamut
- white balance control (without using the service menu)
- no overscan option
- probably a better contrast and deeper blacks (havent tested it)

See this tip for XBR2 with almost all options off (except gamma): http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_KDL_40XBR2/9603-6482_7-31901205.html?messageID=2506754&tag=tip-2506754
Here are the user-menu settings we found ideal for viewing in the Sony KDL-40XBR2 in a completely dark room with a 1080i HDMI source, namely the Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD player. Your ideal settings will vary according to room lighting, source, and personal preference. We have not listed settings that do not affect picture quality with this setup. See the full review for explanations as to why we chose these settings.

Picture menu

Mode: custom
Backlight: 3
Picture: 93
Brightness: 56
Color: 50
Hue: 0
Color Temp: Warm2
Sharpness: 33
Noise reduction: Off

Advanced settings

Black corrector: off
Advanced C.E.: off
Gamma: low
Clear white: off
Live color: off
Color space: normal
White balance: (see below)
Detail enhancer: off
Edge enhancer: off

White balance

R-Gain: -1
G-Gain: -9
B-Gain: -2
R-Bias: -1
G-Bias: -1
B-Bias: -4

Wide menu

Display area: full pixel

Setup menu

Color matrix: standard
Power saving: low
Light sensor: off
I tested this settings partially and image quality is great but lcdtvbuyingguide settings is a bit better in my case.

Unfortunatelly I didnt tested the XBR2 and I cant say exactlly what is the visual difference.
In the end it is a better panel with more control available and more inputs.
I will post some more impressions in the klv-32s200A thread latter

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wii is selling for r$ 2400, which is approx. u$ 1200.

preposterous.

how can a country wish to be considered modern by practicing such prices.

I wonder if importing goods to Brazil and selling it at lower prices as a good way to make lots of money. Does it cost that much to ship products to Brazil?

resurection time..

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new TV since I'm sick og my tiny CRT and in about a months time I'll get myself a PS3 and I don't think my current TV will do it justice.

I am space restricted so I can't get anything larger than a 32".
I've been thinking about the KDL-32V2500. The price is really ok for me so that isn't an issue but if I can get a TV with the same features, quality and design for a lower price I'm open for suggestions.
Are there any (good) reason I shouldn't go for this TV?

Thanks in advance.

Back