Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

Skyrim VR was distractingly ugly on the base console. It's not the prettiest of games on the Pro, but it's functional (decent draw distance for example.)

Resident Evil 7 was a bit blurry on the base PS4, but nothing that would spoil your enjoyment.

No Man's Sky is pretty much non-functional in VR, with far too short of a draw distance and everything being extremely blurred. To the best of my knowledge, there's still no improvement for the Pro.

RE7 is well worth a playthrough. If you upgrade to a Pro for some reason, Skyrim's worth playing too. If you have Move controllers, Superhot is a must.

About 9 months after release Skyrim VR got a large graphics upgrade even on the base PS4 (by all accounts). However by the time Skyrim VR was released I had already got the Pro, so I have no idea how it really fares.

But the Pro was worth the money in nearly every single game I tried. Image got much clearer and foveated rendering around the screen was all but removed in RE7 and Batman for example.

driveclub VR is a special version built for VR, non VR racing games will only be 2D on a virtual screen sadly.
But there are a good deal of VR racing games on PC already

Oh my God. The more I used Quest the more I appreciated PSVR.

Quest is just so bloody annoying compared to PSVR

* controllers battery that dies in 4 days
* utterly annoying tracking drop-off : works awesome, then doesn't work at all. Really noticeable in archery
* complete tracking failure (only 3dof works and quest warns me that guardian is disabled due to tracking error) - works again after full system reboot
* the fucking "facial interface" that's a bitch to clean and dry

Yeeeesh

Just a quick question: if I play PSVR titles, can others watch what I see on the TV?
Not always, in the case of some multiplayer games.

In Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, the VR player is looking at the bomb while other players look at the bomb defusion manual on the TV (I don't know if you can change this in the options).

In the original Astrobot demo, the VR player controls the main mario-like robot while the TV player controls a supporting character in a hover vehicle. In fact, IIRC in most PSVR demos there are different things to do between TV and VR players, so you can't see in the TV what the VR player is seeing.

Oh my God. The more I used Quest the more I appreciated PSVR.

Quest is just so bloody annoying compared to PSVR

* controllers battery that dies in 4 days
* utterly annoying tracking drop-off : works awesome, then doesn't work at all. Really noticeable in archery
* complete tracking failure (only 3dof works and quest warns me that guardian is disabled due to tracking error) - works again after full system reboot
* the fucking "facial interface" that's a bitch to clean and dry

Yeeeesh

Yeah, I only tried it once and was not convinced.

Whats guardian

ps: psvr can work with the p.c have you tried it ?

Oculus quest uses cameras to see and localize you to your playing area. You can then walk/crouch/... in roomscale. If you are about to hit something guardian will help avoid running into walls/tables/... You do have to help guardian once though(draw the area you designate as playing area).

You can literally have giant room and play tennis in vr where you have to run around.

Psvr on the other hand does not properly support roomscale. It's more of a seated or standing in one place experience.

The issue with quest is that the cameras don't see everywhere. External tracking is more robust.

That said, as long as cameras do see controllers tracking in quest is great. I suspect this is something developers have to optimize for. Basically make game mechanics that don't encourage moving hands to places cameras don't see. Using some random steam game that expects external sensors will not work good on quest.

Maybe quest 2.0 can improve by having more cameras. Likely price and processing power limits how many cameras quest can have. This is one of those rare cases where rift s is better than quest as it has additional cameras.

it's still better than psvr tracking method, which feels a lot less accurate in gameplay.

i put my PS Camera way high on the wall, almost touching the ceiling, looking down on me. It gave me 360 degree tracking for the head, and almost true 360 degrees tracking on my hands.

its a pain to setup at the first time, but after that it was "Set and forget", everything works fine. Contrary to Quest. it was super easy to set but the tracking is not as good.

The issue with quest is that the cameras don't see everywhere. External tracking is more robust.

That said, as long as cameras do see controllers tracking in quest is great. I suspect this is something developers have to optimize for. Basically make game mechanics that don't encourage moving hands to places cameras don't see. Using some random steam game that expects external sensors will not work good on quest.

Maybe quest 2.0 can improve by having more cameras. Likely price and processing power limits how many cameras quest can have. This is one of those rare cases where rift s is better than quest as it has additional cameras.

What it needs is a couple of long alien looking antennae sticking out of the top with down facing cameras on the ends to track the controllers. :D

Regards,
SB

Uh just played Beat Saber on PSVR again right after on Quest.

YEEEESH

1. The SDE is less prevalent in PSVR despite only 1080p
2. The tracking on PSVR is SUPERB
3. PSVR is bloody comfortable
4. PSVR facial interface super easy to clean

i think im selling my Quest (only been used less than a week!)

Back