Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

SOON !

DMWMNKW.jpg

i did not think the procedural world was that big, there may be thousands of galaxies with thousands (or more) star in each where you can go and explore planets.
all worlds are empty but everything is seamless, you can see binary stars, planets with rings and satellites etc...

Played a bit of Archangel yesterday. The production values seriously surprised me. Definitely one of the best looking PSVR games. Horrible loading times, though.

Played a bit of Archangel yesterday. The production values seriously surprised me. Definitely one of the best looking PSVR games. Horrible loading times, though.

The production value varies a ton from level to level tho.

The dialogue and character development also abysmal.

The game does feel awesome tho.

Calling the dialogue abysmal is hella hyperbolic. I thought the lengthy introduction was handled in a surprisingly heartfelt manner. Decent performance from the little kid too. The anger and the frustration of the protagonist feels very appropriate and truly earned as a result.
I'm still at the very beginning, so I have no idea how the characters will develop. But hey, it's a rail shooter. As far as I'm concerned, the devs went way beyond the call of duty already.

Last edited:
Agreed , it’s a great little game. Loved it. Even if it is on rails it really gives you the feeling of being inside a mech and the shooting mechanics are great.

Anyway I really enjoyed Arizona Sunshine. It might not be as graphically impressive as farpoint but it is so much fun.

I really hope Sony makes a bigger effort with psvr cause I am really jealous of what oculus studios is producing.

The only weird thing is that the mech doesn't have big stomping feet when you look down. As a result it doesn't make big stomping feet noises either. Probably would be challenging to animate correctly given the uneven terrain, though.
That said, I love how they conveyed the massive weight of the mech's arms through deliberately delayed animations (without compromising the directness of the controls no less). What a great touch.
I was also surprised how good the kid looked. Damn near Resident Evil quality/Rush of Blood facial capture there.

it doesn't feel as immersive as i had hoped, but it's still cool anyway.

The doubled edged sword of traditional controls I think. I think the most immersive VR games are all seated cockpit experiences. Full locomotion controls are cool, but there's always a disconnect when you're controlling someone walking, running or even flying about while sitting on your ass. I loved playing RE/ in VR, but in terms of immersion it loses out against the likes of Rush of Blood, Rigs or Eve.

Vive's roomscale solution also solves this problem of course. At least until you reach the end of your virtual space and have to resort to teleporting.

Last edited:
The doubled edged sword of traditional controls I think. I think the most immersive VR games are all seated cockpit experiences. Full locomotion controls are cool, but there's always a disconnect when you're controlling someone walking, running or even flying about while sitting on your ass. I loved playing RE/ in VR, but in terms of immersion it loses out against the likes of Rush of Blood, Rigs or Eve.

Vive's roomscale solution also solves this problem of course. At least until you reach the end of your virtual space and have to resort to teleporting.

Hmm, non cockpit but have lots of motion and immersive for me :

SUPERHOT
Farpoint (the stick walking easily become second nature with less nausea than driveclub vr)
Hatsune miku vr concert
Dick wilde
Summer lesson (although it was made for sitting, actually standing and walking around the bedroom is immersive)

I shouldn't have said cockpit. Besides Farpoint, the games on your list all mostly simulate what you're doing in reality as well: namely sitting on your ass or moving about ever so slightly. There's more or less a one-to-one correlation between your virtual body and your physical one, so the immersion is upheld perfectly. I actually thought Far Point was one of the least immersive VR experiences I've had so far. Probably due to the combination of actually aiming a gun while still having to fiddle around with analog sticks. I thought it was incredibly unintuitive and I prefered to aim with my head instead.

I shouldn't have said cockpit. Besides Farpoint, the games on your list all mostly simulate what you're doing in reality as well: namely sitting on your ass or moving about ever so slightly. There's more or less a one-to-one correlation between your virtual body and your physical one, so the immersion is upheld perfectly. I actually thought Far Point was one of the least immersive VR experiences I've had so far. Probably due to the combination of actually aiming a gun while still having to fiddle around with analog sticks. I thought it was incredibly unintuitive and I prefered to aim with my head instead.

yeah each people have their own "immersion level" and it varies a ton. and yeah generally those 1:1 between reality and virtual are the easiest to immerse.

it always makes me smile when i hit my psvr or PS move to wall/cabinet/etc, forgotting the real world

Back