Sony Vita Games Thread

Bought Dynasty Warriors Next. Never bought or even played one of these before. It's pretty dumb (though cranking up the difficulty supposedly brings the underlying strategy gameplay to the forefront), but also kinda entertaining. Looks really pretty too. The sheer number of characters on screen is very impressive. Makes me wish for a Dead Rising game on the handheld. Get to it, Capcom, and enough with the fighting games already.

I also cancelled my Mortal Kombat Vita pre-order. The game simply looks terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Disgaea 3:Absence of Detention

Never played one of this series before, and I feel sorry for being so slow on that!

This game is amazing, legitimately amazing. I love it to tears. I've already clocked in close to 8hrs on it and lemme tell you, the time flies. There is literally so MUCH to do here!

9/10 easily if you're a strategy/RPG guy. I come from a background of Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics (with other more mainstream JRPGs of course, like regular FF) so this game was just a complete godsend.

It looked totally crazy in the announcement trailer. I'm not into the genre much, but glad to hear it's good, as this is definitely a genre that was strong on PSP so I can imagine a lot of Vita owners would like them.

Anyway, I came across this trick on GAF to download movies from youtube on your vita, which is very useful.

Instructions:

1. Go to this site: http://oretube.blog99.fc2.com/blog-entry-75.html
2. Click on PSVitaTubeDownloader
3. Add to your bookmarks

Now if you have a movie in Youtube that you want to see, open that bookmark. It should add shortcuts to download links for 720p and 480p versions of the youtube movie, that you can download and save, and then playback. Not perfect, but certainly better than nothing until Youtube gets a proper app. ;)

lmfao dude, are you serious? There is no reason that this game should look so bad on the Vita...

I think it's because it is using Unreal Engine 3 on a new (mobile)platform, and Unreal Engine in general not that easily pushed to run 60fps (I hear it was a struggle also on PS3 and 360). Looks fine in motion by the way, but yes, games like Soul Calibur V on PSP have better looking character models, that's for sure.

Urban Trials (TrialsHD clone) for Vita, Eurogamer article
I as PS3 owner cannot play TrialsHD or Evolution, but PSVita users get to see something similar. Lets hope they bring it to a living room console as well. That is they create a decent game.

That's crazy - if this isn't published by Ubisoft themselves (with perhaps sebbbi's team behind it), then I'd be surprised if this even makes it to the store before a lawyer steps in ...

Mind you, I'd love a good version of Trials on the Vita - I think it is one of those genres where tilt controls would help a lot for balancing the biker, would be much nicer than using the analog stick.

HOLY SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soul Sacrifice ! You have to sacrifice ur own body parts to power up/build weapons(not sure) to kill monsters! 4 player co-op ! Made by the "Mega Man " Man !

Reveal trailer ! Awesome ! The guy takes out his ....... and uses it as a weapon ! Superb dark art ! F*** Yeah !

Gameplay video showing 4 player co-op ! Apparently those guys are also summoning monsters to defeat the boss !

Winter in Japan ! Don't know when in the rest of the world ! Gosh , I want this ! :D

LBP beta!! :)

EU Sign Up:
https://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/LittleBigPlanetVita/enroll.php

US Sign Up:
http://lbpvitabeta.us.playstation.com/

It is a bit tricky to sign-up so here’s a quick little guide for you:
1. Copy the URL and paste it in your browser
2. Sign in using your SEN account
3. You will be directed to a page saying you don’t have access; don’t worry though,
paste the URL into your browser once again and press enter.
4. Fill in the details and you’re done!

Forgot to mention, but I managed to sign up. I wish they'd release the beta already this week, because it'd mean I have a lot of time as I'm a week off .. probably won't happen though.

Why do youtubers always feel the need to force their dreadful music tastes upon others? A Soul Sacrifice gameplay video does not benefit from god awful fucking dubstep.

Whine louder, maybe somebody will throw you some cheese.

Some people, like me, happen to love Dubstep. Some people, also me, have family that make this 'god awful music' for a living.

Price drop on the EU PSN Store:

ModNation Racers: Road Trip
Reality Fighters
Everybody's Golf

All GBP 11.99!!

I got ModNation Racers: Road Trip for AUD $22.00

I might go for hotshots, never played any of those games. Memory card space is becoming an issue sooner than expected! May end up buying them as cart.

I believe targeting a 20 Euro pricepoint for new Vita games could 'save' the platform. A lot of sales could be made. Just keep the development costs in check and you can do it.

I sold my vita last month because the device irritated me. The store, the OS (which is why the vita has 512MB Ram, it takes up more than 250MB!), the fact that you buy a game, download it, install it, and then have to download updates for it is absolutely nuts imo.
Aside from that, I am looking forward to a E3 pricedrop, OS improvements and some compelling software.

Hotshots was 40 euro at launch I think, this is +60 dollar! I believe that is the reason why software sales are low atm

I am not sure your irritations are founded on reality ... the OS does not in fact take 256MB of RAM.

Back