Sony PS Now streaming service comes to PCs

Who uses anything other than HDMI for audio? No one in this decade. Why do you need USB cables? The PS4 doesn't support running games from external drives and the game controllers are wireless. I'd also question if anyone uses LAN instead of WIFI. So you're left with the 2 cables: power and hdmi.
I use LAN because of the amount of wireless interference where I live - there are more than 100 networks on the 2.4Ghz band. The fact that LAN is zero setup is also a plus. And the controller dock is plugged into, yes you didn't guess it, a USB port on the PS4. Those DualShock 4s need regular charging.

So the PC trial is available now but only in the US and Canada :( If anyone knows of a way to foll it for residents in other parts of the world then feel free to let us know!

But the service is already available at least in this part of Europe ... ? I've had it for a few months now, at least, and got a mail two wees ago from Sony that it was now on PC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So the PC trial is available now but only in the US and Canada :( If anyone knows of a way to foll it for residents in other parts of the world then feel free to let us know!
I'm in the UK and got a 7 day trial last Saturday.

Same it works really poorly for me. Maybe it thinks I'm in the US (my connection is fine)

What resolution is the video stream coming at?

Good, then awful, then disconnected. ☺️

That mirrors a bit my experience with it on PS4 at a friend's place. Except disconnects were rare. And while it may have been passable as a free video stream, it wasn't what I'd consider good for paid game graphics combined with the insufferable lag. Other's might find the lag suitable as I'm quite sensitive to input lag since I used to do semi-professional gaming.

There's a reason only 1 person I know with a PS4 has the PSNow service. And even he rarely uses it.

Regards,
SB

Oh the days of having a 300 ping ;)

Haha, yeah. :) Although in that case, it only affected your ability to hit your opponent and vice versa. It didn't affect your own input unless the game had such bad netcode or your lag was so bad (greater than 1000 ms) that you were rubber banding all over the place.

Regards,
SB

Back