PS Now: Unlimited Access To Well Over 350 PS4 Games and streaming of over 700 to PC+PS4

The name ps "now" makes me thinks it's a streaming Service only. As you can play RIGHT NOW.

Just rename it to Playstation game pass

Trail for one week? Might try and see spiderman to a old laptop and my xperia 1, gigabit connection, just for the fun if it's a free trail :p Not that much else to do with the corona times.

PS Man is going to try PS Now ? ;)

Never tried it before, with a PS4 i never had the need to. But being able to play wherever, and on the go is always appreciated. I usually dont take my ps4 or my desktop pc with me when being elsewhere then at my own house. Everyone in my family has a gigibat connection so why not.
So far, the app weighs only 92mb, when installing it said something about a DS3 controller driver, even though a DS4 is connnected via BT. That and VCredist/visual studio have to be installed seperately. I can imagine for many they get the .dll missing error not knowing what to do.

It's unclear to me if this PSnow app is available on android phones, will look later.

Edit:

Works as intended for the 10min i tried it. You need vcredist_x86 even if your running w10 64, they maybe could include that or something. Upon launching spiderman or any game you get directed to PS store and activate your 7 day trail. Play it on a wired gigabit connection and you get the spiderman experience atleast. Forget wireless, dunno what happened there but its probably on my end.

Gamepass is superior in the way that it actually lets you download the games first, so anyone can dive in, but i can see why they dont do that.

Last edited:
Eurogamer.

:LOL:
Yes seems strange, psnow obviously has far more titles

Just counted Xbox game pass titles beginning with A = 11
Psnow titles beginning with A = 53

Now quality, that’s more open to interpretation
From a quick look
Xbox gamepass has stuff like gears of war series, minecraft, teken 7, gta5
Psnow has stuff like Spider-Man, control, tombraider, doom

It all depends on what you're looking for, which is entirely subjective. This makes it impossible to directly compare the two by anything outside of Subscriber Numbers.

Do you focus on length of time titles are available, number of first-party titles always available, number of high quality third party titles, or just vast numbers.

Regardless, that is neither here nor there as that's not the topic of this thread.

Does PS Now have temporary games on their service like Game Pass does? Is that standard in that any game added to these services are only for a limited time?

Does PS Now have temporary games on their service like Game Pass does? Is that standard in that any game added to these services are only for a limited time?

From what I have seen, some of the games on PS Now were limited to 3-4 months, while some have been on there for longer.

Yes, some games are time limited. I hope they provide feedback directly when a game someone is playing is being removed. I was watching a series on Amazon Prime and then they took it off Prime with no warning. Not good!

Yes, some games are time limited. I hope they provide feedback directly when a game someone is playing is being removed. I was watching a series on Amazon Prime and then they took it off Prime with no warning. Not good!
Game pass give warnings.

Hopefully sony does too

Game pass give warnings.

Hopefully sony does too

Played spiderman yesterday on a laptop, its noted right under the game, available utill july 2020. No idea if they would actually terminate the game under a session without warning. Atleast your informed about it.

For their big games, it states the date until which they're available.

E.g. Spider-Man is available until 07/07, Tomb Raider until 31/08, and Just Cause 4 until 06/10.

It doesn't seem to state it anywhere for their smaller games though, at least at first glance.

It's an issue I have with all streaming services really: that all of a sudden content can just vanish. I would at least appreciate notice when content is within, for example, its last month on a service.

Expiry info
On the game icon? Similar to game pass then.

And tons of games missing that info? Same with game pass. But before the games got pulled, there will be a count down of x days.

I don't know how it compares to gamepass, and I can't quickly check on my mate's XB1 because the CCP are such lovely people.

But when I start up PSNow, there's a large graphic, which dominates the screen, and cycles through 5 iterations: a PSNow promotion, and then 4 of the big games for this period.

Each of the big games has an "Available until [date]" bit of text in the lower left corner of the graphic. If I select any of the big games and go to their default page - where I can download it, begin streaming it, etc. - there's a bit of text in the lower left of the screen, stating "Leaving PSNow in [x] days."

However, if I look at any game that isn't one of their "big" titles, there's no time information on the icon, and nothing when I enter their default page.

And tons of games missing that info? Same with game pass. But before the games got pulled, there will be a count down of x days.

Hopefully PSNow does the same. I subscribed the other week, and I've really enjoyed it so far, and I've yet to find a have vanishing from the service when I'm part way through it. It's only a matter of time though! So yeah, hopefully they copy gamepass and give a countdown when it's got something like a month left on the service.

What if I disconnect my PS4 from internet just before the end of the trial ? Could I still play Spidey ? I could modify the PS4 internal clock if necessary :)

What if I disconnect my PS4 from internet just before the end of the trial ? Could I still play Spidey ? I could modify the PS4 internal clock if necessary :)

Internal clock shenanigans doesn't work for extending PS plus on vita even when offline, I assume will be like that too for ps now (and PS plus) on PS4.

Dunno how they did it. Maybe the console have independent time counter that keeps getting increased, doesn't matter the date and time?

Maybe a date attached to the particular license associated with the downloaded game?

Back