Sony PlayStation Paris Games Week 2017 conference

Was the LOU2 trailer real time? If yes it probably has the most accurate real time motion capture, facial expressions, physics and other very subtle details I have ever seen in a game!
Layers of leaves are affected by their steps in the beginning of the trailer, her nose deforms on the ground while she turns her head, you can see the muscles on her belly move while she breathes, the way the knife touches her skin conveys proberly the elasticity and small surface from the knife, tiny droplets dripping from various parts such as the nose, small additional droplets from the spit, light passes through it too, there seems to be gravity accounted on the faces, you can see muscles, veins protruding from pressure and very convincing collision between surfaces (rope on the neck, skin elasticity when they touch it), physics from her body movement on the rope, her face turns red while she was hunging on it and after she falls you can also see the veins on her forehead....
There are so many other details.

These guys are beyond perfectionists!

No one talking about Onrush...from the former Motorstorm devs!!

Awesome!
That was a less dirty motorstorm. I can live with that.

But how long dev time for this game? Evolution got shutdown in 2016. Did they bring this with them for Evolution?

What about the historical settings ? The artstyle ? Japanese scenery ?

Nope. I couldn’t discern anything about the actual game I’ll be playing. I’ve been duped by art and settings before. The gameplay is key.

Nope. I couldn’t discern anything about the actual game I’ll be playing. I’ve been duped by art and settings before. The gameplay is key.

It is sucker Punch, they are good for gameplay. I am much more excited than after Horizon Zero Dawn reveal. Because I never find the Killzone franchise great and HZD is one of the best game I played in 2017...

The Last of Us 2 was a very clever trailer imo...lots of talks and interpretation and speculation about what is going on :) Nice done. The Last of Us is a brutal world and it needs to be. I have no problems with this in the Last of Us.

I do like that the GOW team does not reveal all and only shows tiny bits. I just can't wait to mess around with this game!

Where is Media Molecule? It seems to me that this time, they bite too much to chew and it is not going well with their project.

Where the heck is a new Bloodborne game from FROM Soft :(

My excitement of COD is basically 0...never happened before, I need some more hype! Brutally on the fence with this one...should I buy, once more?!?

Spiderman keeps astounding me, how did Insomniac turn into a top tier tech gaming dev?!?

Also, great pacing of the show...kept "PS is super" talk to a minimum.

Biggest disappointment: Until Dawn devs go VR...meh, hopefully we get a Pro version :(

all the new exclusives look great. Great attention to lighting and detail.
Good to be a ps4 gamer for sure.
Great timing by Sony to drop this right at 1X launch.

It is sucker Punch, they are good for gameplay. I am much more excited than after Horizon Zero Dawn reveal. Because I never find the Killzone franchise great and HZD is one of the best game I played in 2017...

I fully agree. When first revealed HZD was clearly a pretty game but I expressed concerns that the premise may not sustain a 12+ hour game. HZD is easily my top game of 2017 so far, even eclipsing BOTW, which I never finished. I could not stop playing HZD. But if GG can move from 'meh' KZ to 'must have' HZD, Sucker Punch can move from 'must have' Infamous to 'meh' Samurai game.

The reveal did nothing for me. But, you know, when I saw the The Last of Us reveal, I so zoned out. Yet TLoU is easily the best game/story I've experienced in 30 years. Nothing comes close. So I don't put much stock in first impressions.

Back