Sony Playstation E3 2013 Events

Ahm....I was expecting more exclusive announcements, I was expecting some UI demonstrations and details, I was expecting some more details about the controller, I was expecting more about the camera......Well overall I am dissapointed I might say.

The Feb presentation was better than this

ccbdfd06_tumblr_lyd8kgAjMn1qma1obo1_250.gif

You've been extremely vocal that PS4 will have paid MP and DRM isn't a big deal so what is your point? Are you saying they are equal or that XB1 has an advantage due to timed exclusives? Not trying to argue just want to understand.

Over the first year both consoles will have a relative equal amount of exclusives. Just that Sony is 20 first party while MS is only 15 first party exclusives with the rest made up by exclusives of unknown duration.

Regards,
SB

Are we even so sure it's better hardware at this point? After both conferences I dont see a graphical edge in the actual gameplay shown...

But it should be at least equal yeah.

Damn they knifed MS well. No DRM+399, people are going to completely ignore the online paywall.

Can MS even afford to stay at 499 now? Ouch.

IMO its fair different hardware, if you want motion controls Kinect is a superior experience to Eyetoy. Really depends on what you want to do - same could be said for TV integration versus DRM free experience.

Again, notice Sony only supports sales of disc based games. Digital downloads will take off this gen, and those games will be locked just as they are on the Xbox.

Please notice, I can turn my PS3 on right now and buy hundreds of retail games with a couple of presses of the x button.

Are we even so sure it's better hardware at this point? After both conferences I dont see a graphical edge in the actual gameplay shown...

But it should be at least equal yeah.

Damn they knifed MS well. No DRM+399, people are going to completely ignore the online paywall.

Can MS even afford to stay at 499 now? Ouch.
In my mind I think the leak specs are spot on. Sony has put out their specs already.

That price is what they needed and no drm.

They did PS+ right where most hardcore love plus already. That is why MS is copy the free game with live.

I still think MS had the better e3 showing overall. 399 was a reaction. No drm was a reaction. At $399 Sony may go bankrupt at that price if Xbox matches or is within $50

well I have to recommend the PS4 to my teenage step son (no online, $399, trade games with his high school friends), but I'll get the Xbox One for my game/tv room

Sounds like the only bad news was Multiplayer paywall that was strongly hinted at yet never straight out stated?

No DRM and no compulsory online won everything. I own what I buy is most important for me. Anyways, I am gettnig leased games frmo PS+, i don't want my owned games to be leased too !

No DRM, no online checks on my games, no chains on my stuff,and if they have equally good PS+ for PS4,. add to that the sub cross buy for my current PS3 too !, this Sony, this is what I want !

add to that INfmous Second SOn, The Order and th einevitable ND game ! :p :devilish: ! All at the price of a PS3= $399 !!!!!

I still think MS had the better e3 showing overall. 399 was a reaction. No drm was a reaction. At $399 Sony may go bankrupt at that price if Xbox matches or is within $50

No DRM may not be a reaction. The execs have always said they are pro consumers, despite the R&D on assorted DRM.

I'd WAY rather have DRM than have to put my discs in the drive.

And all of a sudden Sony fans are fine with paying for multiplayer? It's hilarious.

We can buy on PSN if we want that.

Sounds like the only bad news was Multiplayer paywall that was strongly hinted at yet never straight out stated?

They said it outright, they just didn't dwell on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
otoh, PS4 is positioning itself as old school games machine.... Xbox one as a different living room only type device

The days of the game console are over, the business model cannot sustain itself. Sony is working hard on PR here but we've all seen how much of the conference was about multimedia content and how few games they've actually shown.

Forum fanbois will have the impression that PS4 has already won, but I expect to see the two big systems going head to head again, and Nintendo falling to obscurity.

Also, MS will make a LOT of money.

Back