Sony Playstation E3 2013 Events

That's going to cost Sony a fair bit of money with their pricing theme.

Logged in just to say I got goose bumps at the price announcement!!! GO SONY!!! No need to hate any other console, just so glad I heard everything I needed to hear from my console of choice!!!

otoh, PS4 is positioning itself as old school games machine.... Xbox one as a different living room only type device

Hehe, it's funny that many of the same people that like Gaikai don't like having to be logged in once every 24 hours?

Uh, hello? :D

Regards,
SB

Again, notice Sony only supports sales of disc based games. Digital downloads will take off this gen, and those games will be locked just as they are on the Xbox.

You've been extremely vocal that PS4 will have paid MP and DRM isn't a big deal so what is your point? Are you saying they are equal or that XB1 has an advantage due to timed exclusives? Not trying to argue just want to understand.

They have won..... no question in my mind.

Better hardware at a lower price... crazy.

Are we even so sure it's better hardware at this point? After both conferences I dont see a graphical edge in the actual gameplay shown...

But it should be at least equal yeah.

Damn they knifed MS well. No DRM+399, people are going to completely ignore the online paywall.

Can MS even afford to stay at 499 now? Ouch.

I didn't really expect it more than $399 if PSEye wasn't included. I'm actually kinda glad it's cheaper. Time to put pressure on Xbox 360 & Xbox One pricing. MS is going to have a hard time convincing a lot people they have a better product at $499. Let the system wars begin!

Tommy McClain

Remember, PS3 started as more costly than X360 and still it was able to catch up.

Looks like Sony's gonna take the EU territories again, based on price; but MS is going to keep a tight grip on the US market because of the additional features and content (as right now they have the upper hand there).

I expect a similar balance in this generation as it was in the previous one, but with Nintendo falling out completely. Sony and MS will divide up Wii's market share, 90-90 million units or so.

He used the word "ownership" in his final speech.

I couldn't be happier.

(except that we didn't see the f*cking last guardian, of course, damn, was it canceled?)

Back