Simple realization about IBM/NV

Sxotty

Legend
I have been wondering about this, and quite suddenly realized it is very simple. The US dollar is tanking in repsect to other currencies. It is not out of control like some despot controlled republic falling into anarchy (whether there is a despot.. ;) ) But the Dollar is a a very low point. For example simply look at the Euro and pound and how we have fallen in comparison, this means it is cheaper to produce stuff in the US than it was before, and thus it makes sense that NV would use an IBM fab in the US... sorry I just realized, simple eh :)

Sxotty said:
I have been wondering about this, and quite suddenly realized it is very simple. The US dollar is tanking in repsect to other currencies. It is not out of control like some despot controlled republic falling into anarchy (whether there is a despot.. ;) ) But the Dollar is a a very low point. For example simply look at the Euro and pound and how we have fallen in comparison, this means it is cheaper to produce stuff in the US than it was before, and thus it makes sense that NV would use an IBM fab in the US... sorry I just realized, simple eh :)

That depends on whether or not TSMC charges in US$ or Taiwanese dollars. I don't know the answer to that, but many things in the world are priced in US$, regardless of where the company is based.

Even if it is in Taiwanese dollars, I don't think that currency has tanked more than around 10% from its peak over the past 2 years versus the US$.

Back