Shenmue 3

Also, if you have a PS2, and you want to increase the chances of Yakuza 3 coming out in the West, buy Yakuza 2. Graphics aren't great, but the game is pretty fun so far. Sorry for the OT.

I have Yakuza 3 (Kenzan) for PS3 and it's a lot of fun. I may pick up Yakuza 2 just to give it a playthrough -- if I have time with all these other games, that is.

Why. There does not seem to be any financial incentive in making it....
One could also argue, why would they start something and not finish it?

I think if they make it, they should just do what they did back in the day with Phantasy Star IV, and make the price $99 or maybe a little more, so that people who do want it will buy it, and that way they'll make a profit.

One could also argue, why would they start something and not finish it?

I think if they make it, they should just do what they did back in the day with Phantasy Star IV, and make the price $99 or maybe a little more, so that people who do want it will buy it, and that way they'll make a profit.

And how many people do you think want Shenmue 3? If Shenmue 3 would cost 30 MUSD to make and Sega might get a revenue of 50 USD per copy (after retail and platform holders take their fee) that is 600000 copies (at 100 USD per copy). What makes you think that kind of demand is there?

And how many people do you think want Shenmue 3? If Shenmue 3 would cost 30 MUSD to make and Sega might get a revenue of 50 USD per copy (after retail and platform holders take their fee) that is 600000 copies (at 100 USD per copy). What makes you think that kind of demand is there?

I don't know, dude. But for me personally, if Shenmue 3 were released on X360 or PS3 (or any platform for that matter), I would buy that platform, even if it is the only game on that platform that interests me. Of course, ideally it would be on PC so I wouldn't have to spend an extra 300 bucks or so...

I don't know, dude. But for me personally, if Shenmue 3 were released on X360 or PS3 (or any platform for that matter), I would buy that platform, even if it is the only game on that platform that interests me. Of course, ideally it would be on PC so I wouldn't have to spend an extra 300 bucks or so...
Same with me exactly; If it came out on the ps3 i'd buy one just for that. But like you say, it's most ideal if it would come out on the pc.

Same here it would be the only game that would make me buy a second console this gen if it didn't come out on the 360.

Really ? I don't know. I think they could use an existing engine to get the game down right. They can also spruce up shenmue 1 and 2 and sell it as a package for $30 before part 3 comes out. I don't think they have to spend $30m for it. They can spend perhaps 10m or so.

To bad the guy formed his own company and is making a wii gmae where you tap on a card board box that hte wii remote sits on.

To bad the guy formed his own company and is making a wii gmae where you tap on a card board box that hte wii remote sits on.

That's Yuji Naka, he created Sonic. Yu Suzuki (Outrun, Afterburner, Space Harrier) created Shenmue, apparently he's still at Sega, though I guess that means he's still stuck in the basement.

No, Yu has a cave (or at least a windowless room) with lots of art and AV gear. Maybe they locked him in there and made him make Sega Race TV (I think he worked on that after the Shenmue Online and PsyPhi fiascos....).

This is specifically a rumor that I cannot confirm simply because I have no idea if it is in development or not. I still have ties with some people at SoA and one of them forwarded me a list of games in the prospects that could be released in 2009 and 2010. Most of the games on the list I didn't completely understand because it was a Japanese list. One of the titles on the list is Shenmue 3. Don't get your hopes up because I'm not, but if I hear any type of additional info in the coming months regarding this possible game (with a script that was almost finished as far back as 2002 I believe) I'll post it here.

I'm not directly in the games industry any more and none of the artists I work with have ties to SEGA. This was just form an old friend of mine and he could be yanking my chain. He does happen to know how muhc I loved the Shenmue series. But seriously, take this with a grain of salt.

If a mod can please merge this post with the other recent Shenmue 3 title I would greatly appreciate it. It's just a rumor! Take it with a gallon of salt!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sega-teases-unannounced-game

SEGA teases unannounced game

News by Tom Bramwell

Today 15:00

SEGA has sent out messages pointing to a teaser website for a "mystery new game".

The site's headlined "Jackpot" and consists of a little Flash applet showing a lottery machine which spits out coloured balls with numbers on them when you crank the handle.

The numbers spat out appear to be a countdown timer indicating that there are five days remaining until whatever it is happens.

See you on 21st July at 3pm BST, then.

Well in Shnemue if I remember correctly we did get a machine that popped out balls with collectibles and things in them in the virtual world

But thats not what I would have been expecting to see for a Shenmue teaser. It looks nothing like it.

Hmm... i'm thinking probably not. Its SEGA btw.

I've clocked Shenmue 1 and 2 and nothing about the style/layout/design of that site speaks "shenmue" to me. The only thing they have in common is that Shenmue had gambling.

Back