Shenmue 3

cmq50MF.jpg

It's happening. So hyped I made a mock up of what the cover might look like.

Kickstarter page here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

Has blown past the $2 million target like it was 70 men at the docks.

Best E3 of the millennium.

Shenmue 1, Dreamcast, Shenmue 2, xbox, Shenmue 3, PS4.

Hopefully it comes with an hour long prologue else most people won't have a clue what the story is.

hopefully with the funding, they got investors interested and got crazy big budget for really awesome audio, visual, FX, physics, gameplay.

i have not played any shenmue but from watching on youtube, it will benefit a lot with visuals like what Uncharted 4 have. Lots of physics objects will be nice.

Kickstarted it with $100! But I think the new Shenhua looks a bit ugly, hopefully they will fix that....

Yeah, translating the old art style and model proportions to a far higher quality engine doesn't quite work. Needs tweaking ...

I only pledged $60, because I'm poor. I'm sorry, Yu!

hopefully with the funding, they got investors interested and got crazy big budget for really awesome audio, visual, FX, physics, gameplay.

i have not played any shenmue but from watching on youtube, it will benefit a lot with visuals like what Uncharted 4 have. Lots of physics objects will be nice.

I just want the story to continue and to soak myself in the atmosphere again.

The old games weren't afraid to go with distinctly unusual - and sometimes uneven - pacing. And for people like me that really hit a chord.

You got to examine Ryo's life and relationships in a distinctly none-stat based and none-shoot-bang way. Then you build on the character and the journey that you know and the pace accelerates in the second game. Really, no other game uses the mundane and the grounded as a base for the fantastical and life-and-death in this way. Most games don't do it at all.

This is the reason that after 15 years there are so many fans who will throw cash at a game disregarded by many at the time as niche and boring. We still have feels for our bro, Ryo.

Guys, the game still needs more money. Let's make sure the kickstarter gets shared all over. $2M will get us a minimal game. Sony's funding is contingent upon ours.

LL

Their treating this as the gift that keeps on giving.

Surely some of these stretch goals should be part of the game anyway.

On what budget? No one knows what Sony is kicking in. Less than 10 million Dreamcasts were even built. This game will sell low volume.

Guys, the game still needs more money. Let's make sure the kickstarter gets shared all over. $2M will get us a minimal game. Sony's funding is contingent upon ours.

LL
I guess the subtitles thing is for PC gamers. Sony are going to add actual dubbing too, I guess. I am surprised at the little amount of activity in this thread taking into account it was one of the megatons of the E3 2015.

When Shenmue 2 was released it was the best game ever (after NiGHTS maybe...). However, I am a bit worried how Suzuki will manage without the old AM2 team....

Back