Resitance Fall Of Man First Look Article + Gameplay Video

This game is impressive to me... I dont understand what all the pessimism is about... I look forward to this game and think the geometry and physics simply makes the difference compared to other similar games... *shrug*

The environment detail and the lightning is way better in CoD3 than in Resistance. I wached the gamevideos trailers, and CoD3 definitely have better graphic than Resistance. This is my opinion.

Hehe well i certianly didnt pick up on the alien angle, i was going for technical prowess but ok i'll let you have it... ;)

Incidentally...

http://streamingmovies.ign.com/ps3/article/726/726313/callofduty_081706_stlo_wmvlowwide.wmv

WOW. Honestly I'd say it's a toss up. COD3 looks better in some videos (like this one) and Resistence looks better in others.

The alien weapons and architecture interest me more so I'll more than likely choose Resistence over COD3 come this fall.

BTW COD3 is 60fps while Reistence is 30.:p

1up put up some new promo shots and a preview the other day.

media

and

media

Are my favorites.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=0&cId=3153548

it's just great how everything is unique. no repeatiton. every building is structually different every tree looks like it's grow it's own way. it'll make recognition of places so much easier. no more "did i come this way already" feelings. i hope every chimera has a unique look to them aswell. all you'd need is some modification data to go with the standard model, keep changing that data for every new enemy; altho i don't expect that yet. even little bits of unique damage could be added to vehicles, before you damage them some more. things like these give a place a history then you come in and affect the present, and thus the future.

i wonder if we'll get decent dirt this generation in anything other than a driving or sports game; which can rely on small areas to help technically.

it's just great how everything is unique. no repeatiton. every building is structually different every tree looks like it's grow it's own way. it'll make recognition of places so much easier. no more "did i come this way already" feelings.
Intersting you mention that, because to me, all the differences are lost in the saminess of different shades of brown and grey and I hadn't noticed. I guess it's a feature that's something you don't see rather than do.

Intersting you mention that, because to me, all the differences are lost in the saminess of different shades of brown and grey and I hadn't noticed. I guess it's a feature that's something you don't see rather than do.

Unfortunetly they used that color scheme on purpose love it or hate it.

I appreciate that, but no-one can deny it makes everything look samey. 200 buildings all modelled differently but kinda brown coloured won't like as diverse as 20 repeating buildings with more obvious differences. Muted colour schemes have been used in games before, and they normally vary the colours a bit more, and add some vibrant parts to stand out maybe. Chuck in some different coloured lighting in places.

things look similar under overcast skies. you have to look at the world in a different way in those conditions. it's england.

I appreciate that, but no-one can deny it makes everything look samey. 200 buildings all modelled differently but kinda brown coloured won't like as diverse as 20 repeating buildings with more obvious differences. Muted colour schemes have been used in games before, and they normally vary the colours a bit more, and add some vibrant parts to stand out maybe. Chuck in some different coloured lighting in places.

I read somewhere that this game has full night/day cicles. That brown colour could be a timed coincidence..

things look similar under overcast skies. you have to look at the world in a different way in those conditions. it's england.
I live in England, and I've never seen it look that brown except in war movies. And even then, the uniforms are greenish brown and the roads greyish brown :p

And as a side point, overcast skies increase saturation in perceived colours. Choice of colours here are purely artistic and no attempt to be true to life. Which is okay in principle, but I'm not the only one finding it quite tiring.

The environment detail and the lightning is way better in CoD3 than in Resistance. I wached the gamevideos trailers, and CoD3 definitely have better graphic than Resistance. This is my opinion.

I would have to agree COD3 looks better to me but I will be getting both as I love a good first/third person shooter and they both will fill the bill!...

Edit: The more I watch resistance the less fun it looks. The graphics are fine but there doesn't seem to be anything tacticle about it. You just run around shooting frantically reminds me of Unreal Tourn. I prefer games that are a bit more tacticle like RB6, Graw, and even the COD series.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: The more I watch resistance the less fun it looks. The graphics are fine but there doesn't seem to be anything tacticle about it. You just run around shooting frantically reminds me of Unreal Tourn. I prefer games that are a bit more tacticle like RB6, Graw, and even the COD series.
That's what I was saying, but you have to remeber the shown gameplay isn't indicative of the real thing because they invariably use God mode and randomly switch through weapons just to showcase them. For gameplay you have to wait for reviews. I don't mind mindless shoots per say. I liked SW:Battlefronts. Given varied weapons though, a more tactical game would suit this concept better.

I read somewhere that this game has full night/day cicles. That brown colour could be a timed coincidence..

Do you have a link to the day/night cycle article ? coz it will be great to prowl the FoM world at night. That world will still look brown at night me think.

Back