Resistance Fall of Man PS3

I actually work at another cathedral in the UK where a level in a RTS on the PC featured our cathedral. 'Outrage' was expressed etc etc, but it never went anywhere. Now of course this is different in a way, it's more realistic for one thing, taking place IN the cathedral rather than around it, but I think the precedent set in my cathedral's case bodes well. Purely from a common sense pov though, it really is quite silly. Yes it's realistic, and yes, perhaps Sony should have made sure the church were happy before releasing it, but seriously, it's a fictional narrative with aliens (I think that's right - not played it myself)..If this were GTA or The Getaway, maybe i could understand, but this an incitement and encouragement of guns and gun culture than Wolfenstein was of the Nazis

Let alone all the films which do exactly the same. I don't understand what they think will happen. People will want to shoot aliens in their cathedral? weird

How can they link gun crime in Manchester to shooting aliens in a past world? If they can do that, any city represented can sue. Tokyo can sue any Racer that depicts racing through it's streets at stupid speeds because it's dangerous. It's cock-eyed and to be honest I think the Church hasn't a leg to stand on. In this day and age the response to something you don't like is 'we'll sue' but you have to actually be suing against something. What's their case? Libel? Defamation of character? Or just being uptight, or maybe wanting some money to pay for roof repairs.

Crazy, absolutely crazy the politics of religion strikes yet again.
It has nothing to do with the politics of religion and everything to do with a culture that looks to law courts every time there's a disagreement, primarily with a view to getting money.

I'm sure Resistance can handle a single screenshot pretty well. I'm more curious about the framerate though.

I dont think it will slow down or not much atleast since the background scene is very simple. But if he throws a grenade in there and IF the bodies react to that then it may be a different story.

Apparently the guy almost died in order to position the zombies correctly (probably using melee mostly and ignoring attacking Hybrid Chimera).

I remember that level (on Hard mode). Died quite a few times because of the Hybrids. If it's on the same or higher difficulty, then it's hard to time the attack such that they all fall in the same place. I remember there's LAARK (rocket launcher) on that level too, but the photographer can't use it for obvious reason.

I saw a video months ago of a similar scene where the chimeras where stockpiled on each other. I think it was the same place. The player used a rocket launcher or a grenade on them later and they all blew up flying. I am trying to find it in youtube right now to no avail.

Congratz Insomniac! 2 milion is a great number for an new IP and a launch game.

Now, work hard on Resistance 2...

2 million? Is that really true?
That would be impressive considering the instal base of PS3 isn't over 4 million users large IIRC.

Just for info, I just caught the tail-end of a report on BBC News about (I think) a church in Manchester complaining about the "Cathedral Level"; which I think is set in Manchester?

Couple of non-verbatim "quotes" which unfortunately I can't attribute to anyone cos I was busy looking for a snack...

"Mancheter has suffered from serious gun crime" (so that level is inappropriate)

"Sony has said this is purely entertainment"

"Manchester Church has said it wants an apology and may sue"

God almighty, I mean Jesus... I mean what the heck??

I'm sure it'll turn up on the website soon enough.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6758381.stm

Sony has apologised. I really cannot understand the churches problem mind you. It is a work of fiction and until I see Chimera's running down my street I will not see the link between gun crime in the noughties and a video game set in the fifties.

To be exact, they've said sorry for causing any offence, but they don't see what the Cathedral's problem is, and have invited the Cathedral to check out the game to see it in context. It could be that the Cathedral only heard about a war game in their building, and don't appreciate the sci-fi setting. I hope to goodness they weren't doing it to try and weasel some anti-gun funding from Sony! I really expect a court case to backfire and lose them legal fees, as they can't claim for anything. A GI.biz article (IIRC) had a legal sort setting out The Church's possible options, and Copyright infringement doesn't work as both the copyright has expired and copyright has provisions for public buildings to be useable by all and sundry.

Back