Resident Evil 7

LC
It's PSVR exclusive.

Unless you use Vorpx which mods VR into the PC version. And this does work fairly well.
the issue with playing using a VR headset is that I played RE7 with headphones and I was scared shitless alone with that, had I played it with a VR headset -if motion sickness isn't an issue for me- I can't even fathom the consequences.

Did you manage to play the entire game in VR mode?

the issue with playing using a VR headset is that I played RE7 with headphones and I was scared shitless alone with that, had I played it with a VR headset -if motion sickness isn't an issue for me- I can't even fathom the consequences.

Did you manage to play the entire game in VR mode?
:) No I only played it for about an hour in VR. I was just curious about what it is like. I originally played RE7 in home theater with gamepad on PC. I played some of the DLC with mouse+KB.

as for RE4 HD it does look decent, not great, and it's also playable. The PC version is the only version running at 60 fps, but the original engine was meant for 30 fps and there are a few impossible to solve issues -though not game breakers- https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/R...dition#Issues_when_running_the_game_at_60_FPS

I had the original game on the GC -RE4 and F-Zero GX were the reasons I got a Gamecube-, and it's an okay game, just not my favourite Resident Evil.

As of recently, I've been playing all the Resident Evil games of my collection (all of them on Steam), which are quite a few, one of them is RE4. And I am having a hard time adapting to the controls.

They are kinda bad, specially if you come from something like RE2 Remake which is flawless when it comes to controls.

To play RE4 HD half comfortable I had to switch the controls to Type C -or D, cant recall exactly-, yet I got easily surrounded and confused.

As with the original RE1 -which I had for the PC back in the day- remake and RE0 remake I wouldn't mind if Capcom made a RE-RE-Remake of those games with their new engine, and Raytracing support, DLSS support, etc etc.
Yeah it would be cool to see RE1 REREmake or RE0 remade. I remember when people on this forum were oohing and ahhing over those first Cube remakes. :)

RE4 and RE7 are probably my favs. I've played RE4 on Cube, Wii, and PC. I think it can be made to work in VR too with Vorpx. So can RE5 and 6. 5 and 6 are party games IMO, just like the Wii games. I don't know what to think of Revelations. Maybe they are cool if you play them on portable.

:) No I only played it for about an hour in VR. I was just curious about what it is like. I originally played RE7 in home theater with gamepad on PC. I played some of the DLC with mouse+KB.

Yeah it would be cool to see RE1 REREmake or RE0 remade. I remember when people on this forum were oohing and ahhing over those first Cube remakes. :)

RE4 and RE7 are probably my favs. I've played RE4 on Cube, Wii, and PC. I think it can be made to work in VR too with Vorpx. So can RE5 and 6. 5 and 6 are party games IMO, just like the Wii games. I don't know what to think of Revelations. Maybe they are cool if you play them on portable.
played both Revelations games, the gpu runs them at 120fps as if nothing happened, also it's obvious they are meant for portable devices. Specially the first Resident Evil Revelations. Still, the "confined", odd camera and transitions in between doors, and the way the game feels....they never manage to hook me up.

Once you have played Resident Evil 2 Remake, the 3D cameras of previous 3D games of Resident Evil feel off. As if you were floating. And that includes RE4, but the game is a classic and you could forgive that. Still, a re-remake of RE4 to play with the modern standards....

A screengrab from someone else --in addition, I am not into TV series, but the Good Doctor shows how to correctly wash your hands.

cxX7TSw.jpg

Last edited:
btw, dunno if you have gamepass PC but give State of Decay 2 a try. It's a survival like RE games, with crossplay and some interesting missions and features. Plus they improved the game a lot since the launch, always adding content or imrpoving the textures and so on.

Back