Capcom copied Konami!?

Roger Cobb

Regular
So basically, Capcom released DLC called 'Shadows of Rose' in the fall of last year, for RE8. I always long suspected that Capcom was trying to copy the Silent Hill series. What really made up my mind that I was right was firstly, seeing that this house was kind of like the one in P.T., and then seeing mannequins. Yes! Mannequins.

Those type of enemies often appear in the realm of Silent Hill. There's also the nurses as well that move about in a similar way, but they are somewhat similar enemies anyway. You know? You hear radio static, and they seem to be attracted to your flashlight. It just seemed pretty obvious that Capcom was giving Konami the finger middle for not releasing their game, due to what occurred with Hideo Kojima. I'm not mad about that stuff any more like a lot of people still are, but Konami will hopefully be able to redeem their legacy with the revival of the series.

Another game they copied from was The Last of Us for the game where you are on an island with Alex Wesker (namely, Resident Evil: Revelations 2).

-Same type of sub boss and running infected.
-A winter section.
-A dam.
-Girl who's immune to a pathogen.
-Father figure with a beard.
-Throwing bricks.
-Stealth.
-Toxic fumes.

About the only good thing Capcom has did for the franchise as of late was announce the return of Jill for that new CG movie. Other than that, some of their creative decisions have been anus gravy. The Netflix series with the black dude playing Wesker, was crap. But Capcom has been copying games now for years. They also copied Gears of War 3 for RE6.

But anyway, what did you think about my Silent Hill comparison?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Capcom got the rights to Clock Tower, but the last part to that series was out in 2003. Never played the game you mentioned.

Well, I still think RE will be able to improve if they hire better writers, and do something to correct the terrible lighting. Every place you explore looks too dark in the era of their RE Engine. It's as if they're trying to save money on their energy bills, or something. LOL.

Back