Reputation and its influence on your posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
london-boy said:
Who's that?! Can't see that comment on this thread. I always sign my negative rep, or at least leave a comment. Besides, i don't think i can give double-digits negative rep anymore, ever since my rep was cut. Dunno..

That was just me commenting on Digi suggesting playfully that he'd "anonymously" rep bomb someone. Basically, he can't, if the person receiving one from him does the math. You're same boat, actually, just a couple points less than Digi, but more than anyone else. Even with all those gaudy baubles my neg rep is worth probably 1/2 of Digi's.

geo said:
That was just me commenting on Digi suggesting playfully that he'd "anonymously" rep bomb someone. Basically, he can't, if the person receiving one from him does the math. You're same boat, actually, just a couple points less than Digi, but more than anyone else. Even with all those gaudy baubles my neg rep is worth probably 1/2 of Digi's.

... oh... Joke totally lost on me... *blonde*

I think your huge rep puts you and a few others in the same league as me at least. These days, dig must be the most "powerful" repper. John should be similar to me too for example.

Follow-on: I note that some people publish their ignore list in their sigs. Now while this is likely for satire, it would be interesting to be able to search for people's ignore lists... At least a scoreboard of top 10 most ignored could be amusing... :)

Reverend said:
:arrow: To the participants : Are you/Have you been more careful with what you post?

In real life i don't like to offend people and so i don't want to offend people on the net either ( i'm just not an malevolent person ). but the anonymus reputation system is lacking, i would like to receive comments as well so i can try not to offend in future.

Reverend said:
:arrow: To everyone : Has it made the B3D forums less fun?

No, i still get the same enjoyment at of reading peoples opinion.

Reverend said:
=> Why do some posters stay in the red when it seems quite obvious to me their latest round of posts warrant improved reputation?

I don't know why either, and i see that with folk who in the console section, who negative rep but have pretty good posts.

Reverend said:
=> And so (re the question above, directly), how "kiddy" is this reputation thing? Not that "kiddy" is necessarily bad here; heck, Dave probably sleeps hugging a teddy bear... but does this matter? If not, why the reputation thing?

It's pretty kiddy i think.

Reverend said:
PS. This board should allow more than 4 images, as far as allowed "smilies" are concerned!

Ditto on that count Reverend.

stevem said:
Follow-on: I note that some people publish their ignore list in their sigs. Now while this is likely for satire ...
I see it more as garden-variety attention-whoring.

Is there an FAQ on how the rep system works? Ive got 3 rep 'entries' in the last month or so that are clearly positive but are showing up as 'grey' and arent adding to my rep score. What gives?

Reactions: Geo
expletive said:
Is there an FAQ on how the rep system works? Ive got 3 rep 'entries' in the last month or so that are clearly positive but are showing up as 'grey' and arent adding to my rep score. What gives?
I believe a grey means that someone repped you but doesn't have the power to give any rep points, I've gotten a few of them too.

I came to this thread looking for how to turn it off since I see some folks have it disabled. Can't find it in my use control panel though.

One negative aspect to its current setup is that you cannot tell who repped you. People shouldn't be able to rep others unless they are willing to stand behind their decision by having their username shown to the person they repped. That would help balance out the ninja bad-repping.

I'd really like to see who is repping me :)

I think the system is quite usefull and I generally think most of the people with red squares deserve it, although I don't take it to mean they don't make good posts and I certainly don't ignore them.

There should probably be a limit on the number of squares displayed though.

No difference on my posting nor that I would noticed big difference on my reputation points. I usually don't even remember that this board has system like this and that's why I don't have had any urgent need to dis or rep anyone.

of course I am starting to be outside like snowman in blizzard of all new stuff, so I don't have much to tell that would burn my and/or someone else's fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back