Renault win F1 Constructor's championship 2005

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
Alonso was first, Raikkonen 2nd and R.Schumacher 3rd. There were some really funny scenes at race.

Hah, some of the Renault in-car audio was classic. Not a bad race at all. Wonder if there will be any repercussions of that drain cover not being secured down? Certainly sucked a big one for McLaren.

After last year and today's performance Schumacher must really hate that circuit. :LOL:

Ya I turned on the race on lap 17.
Nice race.
Pity about michael..

There was a nice crash though.. forget who it was but one guy nearly hit him:oops:

radeonic2 said:
Ya I turned on the race on lap 17.
Nice race.
Pity about michael..

There was a nice crash though.. forget who it was but one guy nearly hit him:oops:

Yeah, that was Karthikeyan who bailed across the tarmac in pieces. Villeneuve had to dodge round the debris.

Apart from the crashes I found this a pretty boring race actually, there was little overtaking and it seemed to go so incredibly slow. (Must be the long straights) But the season was exciting :D I'm happy. I hope next year is about the same. I'd really like to see 2 or more teams that are neck and neck in performance, plus I'd like to see Alonso and Schumacher in almost equal cars, to see which is the better driver.

MuFu said:
Yeah, that was Karthikeyan who bailed across the tarmac in pieces. Villeneuve had to dodge round the debris.
Ya Villeneuve.. I didnt want to try to spell his name;)

This race is rather boring, I stopped watching when Montoya retired. Suzuka was more exciting, too bad the championship was already decided. It would have been the race of the season if it was for the championship.

Next year V8, and most likely new qualifying. Should be interesting.

XSBagage said:
Apart from the crashes I found this a pretty boring race actually, there was little overtaking and it seemed to go so incredibly slow. (Must be the long straights) But the season was exciting :D I'm happy. I hope next year is about the same. I'd really like to see 2 or more teams that are neck and neck in performance, plus I'd like to see Alonso and Schumacher in almost equal cars, to see which is the better driver.

I tend to agree, and also being a McLaren supporter, I was utterly disappointed with the misfortune Montoya suffered, which could have easily been the difference maker McLaren needed to win the constructors championship (not necessarily). Overall a good portion of the race was done under safety car, making it not very exciting to watch, other than a couple of decent battles for places and some spectacular crashes.

Not sure how next years championship is gonna be now that the engines will be V8s. Here's hoping clever design will again be a factor like it has been this year, even though the engine was downgraded.

All this hype about Alonso is crap. In fact, all the hype about MSchumacher in the past seasons are just crap.

They are/were what they are/were because of their car, not their "superior" driving skills. In terms of driving skills, there isn't much to separate most of the current drivers. The fastest and most reliable car makes an individual driver the "world champion".

The car makes the champion, not the other way round, not in F1.

Renault may have won both prizes but how can (and should!) that translate into the consumer car industry? Probably very little. What then should the purpose be for the F1 ??

Reverend said:
All this hype about Alonso is crap. In fact, all the hype about MSchumacher in the past seasons are just crap.

They are/were what they are/were because of their car, not their "superior" driving skills. In terms of driving skills, there isn't much to separate most of the current drivers. The fastest and most reliable car makes an individual driver the "world champion".

That's not true, some drivers are better at getting performance out of their given package, and some are more consistent on per lap basis.

Also the driver has alot of input on the development of the car. Afterall they are the ones that tested it. Its easy to say that the fastest and most reliable car will win, but its damn hard to make the fastest and most reliable car without a good driver's input.

Beside if it were true, Top F1 drivers' salary would be alot lower than what they're now.
The fact is developing fast cars are more expensive and its cheaper to put a good driver behind the wheel.

Reverend said:

Renault may have won both prizes but how can (and should!) that translate into the consumer car industry? Probably very little. What then should the purpose be for the F1 ??

Not true at all. Schumacher won many times with an inferior car in the past. Also, it depends on the driver how long the car will run, it's very easy to blow those engines up if you don't know how to push them right.

If you really think that F1 is not getting enough return about its money, it is because you don't know who is Carlos Ghosn, the new Renault CEO. He is the guy Renault sent to save Nissan some years ago with fabulous results. He is also one of the hardest cost cutter in this industry :)

PatrickL said:
If you really think that F1 is not getting enough return about its money, it is because you don't know who is Carlos Ghosn, the new Renault CEO. He is the guy Renault sent to save Nissan some years ago with fabulous results. He is also one of the hardest cost cutter in this industry :)

Yes, he's a true hardliner.

radeonic2 said:
I've been really impressed with Kimi Räikkönen:cool:
I thought he looked like someone I know... maybe Markus or Patric... Finns all look alike, very cool but, uh, sanitized.

Reverend said:
I thought he looked like someone I know... maybe Markus or Patric... Finns all look alike, very cool but, uh, sanitized.

That's the first impression, but once they feel comfortable with you they're actually quite relaxed party people (those I've met, at least). Finns are cool.

Back