Real Time Blue Dragon Trailer

I really don't get what you are complaining about? you either don't like japanese RPG's or the art style they use, then fine.

...but I don't get the point your trying to make about not purchasing the console because of this. What does not liking the art style in a japanese game like this have anything to do with the console itself? Did you stay away from PS2 for the same reasons?

Last edited by a moderator:
Silenti said:
As to the ". . . so don't worry honey.", in the interests of keeping this from becoming flamebait, I shall leave that alone. You could have at least been entertaining if you are going to use a directly personal insult. Or said something about Lewis Caroll's influence, even Flash Gordon gets remade every once in awhile.

LOL, it wasn't a personal insult... maybe you should losen up that tie a bit.
Anyways there are still Bioware rpg's coming, so get those instead.

Qroach said:
I really don't get what you are complaining about? you either don't like japanese RPG's or the art style they use, then fine.

...but I don't get the point your trying to make about not purchasing the console because of this. what does not liking teh art style in a game like this have anything to do with the console itself? did you stay away from PS2 for the same reasons?

Whoa. Whoa. This is getting out of hand. In an attempt to both be humorous and voice my displeasure with the visual style I tried to be descriptive and reference the literature and video it reminded me of. It was meant to be funny and better than "suxors!"

I probably should have left out the line about it having me reconsider the XBOX360. I simply had hopes for a new RPG that it seems shall not be to my taste at all. I will probably still buy it, for HALO3 and Mass Effect. It has been a long time since I played a Japanese RPG. So at this point I have no idea whether or not I would like the gameplay. Point of fact is that I did not purchase the PS2 because I disliked the controller. Friend had one with Dual Shocks and I could not adjust to the thumb position for the analog sticks, thought the shoulder buttons were far too sensitive and just didn't care for the overall layout. Made it almost impossible for me to play anything. Conversely, the original XBOX controllers fit like they were made for me.

Dr Evil said:
LOL, it wasn't a personal insult... maybe you should losen up that tie a bit.
Anyways there are still Bioware rpg's coming, so get those instead.

Then I apologize. It came across as one when I read it. Though I haven't worn a tie in something like ten years. Makes me feel like I'm choking. ;)

I was simply hoping for something new. I don't remember the names or the titles these devs worked on previsouly, but it was obvious MS was trying to convey "Big, Original, Exclusive IP" Thought it would be cool to have something besides "Mass Effect" to be eagerly awaiting. (Never played Fable. After reading it was designed to be played in one sitting I lost interest somewhat.)

Looks like a nice rpg.
Those saying it looks Pixar quality (Toy Story) should maybe watch Toy Story again.
True, the intro cgi is more comparable (the clip before the white screen that says something like "real time xbox360 rendered..." and part of that clip repeated at the end of the trailer) to feature computer animation movies, but that's because it's not.....well realtime. People claiming otherwise should know better especially if they've got any eye for 3D graphics.
The in-game graphics aren't IMO such a step ahead in console games graphics, good, but nothing that makes my jaw drop... I wish they'd show some more busy gameplay areas than some desert rock "termite town" sky flying and an ocean, the river looked pretty though.
With the talent behind this game I have high hopes the story would be good and gameplay and battle system top notch.

I really think the opening is prerendered. i cannot be the only one to see a drop in quality between the two parts? :rolleyes:

if that trailer had anything to do with dragons it'd have been interesting but all I see are robots and uninteresting looking characters and a blue monster behind every character's back. this is coming from someone who likes every other characters from squaresoft or other japenses rpg. thats just my opinion.

Silenti said:
I was hoping for RPG that I would like. Nothing more than that. It is simply a disappointment to me that a highly touted title is going to be something so far outside of my personal tastes as to make it unplayable.

Man if you want a AAA RPG you have lots of choices on 360.

For one, mistwalkers other title, Lost Odyssey is pretty much the complete opposite to BlueDragon, so you should like that. There's also Mass Effect coming out next year hopefully, Fable 2 is coming and Oblivion hitting in 2 or 3 months. Mistwalker also has a3rd unannounced game. And Too Human should be sort of action rpg-ish, looks like another great game.

I don't know what your tastes are, but there should be something in there that you think is pretty awesome, or you're not really much of an RPG fan.

Are there EX-Dragonball animators working on tis title? Some of the character desgins look like there could be.

Game looks really cool.

scooby_dooby said:
Man if you want a AAA RPG you have lots of choices on 360.

For one, mistwalkers other title, Lost Odyssey is pretty much the complete opposite to BlueDragon, so you should like that. There's also Mass Effect coming out next year hopefully, Fable 2 is coming and Oblivion hitting in 2 or 3 months. Mistwalker also has a3rd unannounced game. And Too Human should be sort of action rpg-ish, looks like another great game.

I don't know what your tastes are, but there should be something in there that you think is pretty awesome, or you're not really much of an RPG fan.

This will sounds a bit odd, but I actually prefer my tactical combat, for an RPG, to be turn based. See: KOTOR, Baldurs Gate, etc. I've played all the Elder SCrolls games but #2 back on the PC I think. Not quite my style. I believe that I have read on here that Japanese RPG's tend to be turned based for their tactical combat. Was kinda hoping for that. Mass Effect now, that really has my attention.

Enchant Arm looks to be turn based. Mass effect has been described as 'extremely tactical' so that should be great. The next year will be great for x360 rpg fans that's for sure.

it's good to have choice jRPG, "normal" RPG something for everyone :D. Mass E, Oblivion, EnchantA, BD , LostO, Fable2, Jade E2, X360 will have impresive # of RPGs :D

is this game still due out in the Spring? If so MIstwalker much be really pushing this one out the door. Seems odd that a full scale RPG would be released to a userbase of only 50 thousand in Japan.

seismologist said:
is this game still due out in the Spring? If so MIstwalker much be really pushing this one out the door. Seems odd that a full scale RPG would be released to a userbase of only 50 thousand in Japan.

A lot of people feel its the games that sell the console, not the other way around.

With the x360 in Japan thats the only way it can happen.

Back