Real Time Blue Dragon Trailer

:mad: Please, they NEED to be pandered to? Excuse to look up virtual skirts? Ugh! Human beings are human beings. Just because they have a different cultural background and tastes doesn't suddenly mean they don't think like a human. People need to stop using Japanese videogaming subculture as measuring stick for their entire culture. Or maybe they should take a look around at their own subculture? Ask any western videogame geek whether he'd look up a virtual girl's skirt. The noble westerner will deny it, I'm so sure.

Western gamers don't tend to buy games about looking up virtual girls' skirts. Western gamers just download hardc0re p0rn (or watch it right on their TV on open, practically-free channels, if they happen to be in Europe). P0rn-themed games have a lousy market share (compared to the p0rn-movie industry's share in movies).

System seller, or a seller for a system ;)
I think it'll have a hard time convincing Japanese non xbox360 owners to get the console with the Wii and PS3 already being available by then.

I have heard that japanese users looks to dimension and look of the console and to the games
Blue Dragon is in the TOP15 most wanted in japan (famitsu jap)

if you look at the names under the game, this is not so surprising
the creator of Final fantasy + the creator of dragon Ball Saga

take to this that a 360 premium will cost little, less than usa and eurpean price, and in japan the ps3 will cost about the equivalent of 670-680 $

don't make me misunderstood, the ps3 will sell a lot in japan, but I think that 360+BD bundle can rise vastly the situation in jap, Blu dragon, Resident evil 5, Lost odissey, dead rising.... etc
there will be a lot of good games in jap

I have heard that japanese users looks to dimension and look of the console and to the games
Blue Dragon is in the TOP15 most wanted in japan (famitsu jap)
That's not at all an indicative measure though. A famitsu poll placed something like 27% of Japanese as interested in buying an XB360, but XB360 certainly doesn't have 27% of the Japanese console buyers buying it! What the Famitsu readers are interested in doesn't give any indicator what is going to be bought. eg. N3 was 28th of Famitsu's 'most wanted' list but didn't sell well. As Famitsu is made up of hard-core gamers, it's likely they have a higher contingent of XB360 owners than is representative of the market.

BD may do very well but Famitsu isn't the place to try and get insight into what might happen.

Why do people assume that being a good game will be enough for Blue Dragon in Japan?

(which is quite an assumption, I think, considering who the game has been outsourced to)

Ambitious, highly touted RPGs crash and burn ALL THE TIME in Japan, and that's on Playstation. Anything that is brand new is fighting a terrible uphill battle in the shadows of DQ and FF.

And the fact that PS3 and Wii will be out all but closes the deal. The 360 barely registers now, it will be an afterthought by then. Not to mention MS's advertisement in Europe and Japan has been disastrous, so don't start expecting miracles.

Ambitious, highly touted RPGs crash and burn ALL THE TIME in Japan, and that's on Playstation. Anything that is brand new is fighting a terrible uphill battle in the shadows of DQ and FF.

I think this is sort of a problem in general, actually. Even incredible games on systems that sell well often bomb (especially in the last year or so, since Japan went on it's DS craze... a lot more than usual amount of games have done poorly there). I wouldn't expect any miracles, but it doesn't mean EU/NA people can't get excited for the title (I am) -- I just wouldn't expect it to do more than add a small blip in sales in JP. I'd say it is a success, relative to platform sales and region, if it sells over 60-70k there.

i hope this game does well, it looks good, nice to see a publisher straying away from the predominant theme of guy with weapon shooting aliens / soilders / etc. yawn

Back