[PSN] Under Siege

Ok so only if a baddy they've been
targetting gets out of range, right?

Yes, where proper procedure should be to stand their ground and wait. Also if they are maneouvred into an area where they don't fit in their line of three formation, the squaddie who doesn't have a place to stand wanders around.

Ok, that matches what I have seen. So far though I've kept them fairly close to my grunts anyway because of their healing power, and then
I am frequently relocating them
through my grunts because of AI grunts that go straight for my archers.

But I'm finding I need grunts much harder than archers so far. Once I found out that one of the earlier levels give you archers midway and I figured out I could buy a second set of grunts I went with two squads of grunts and breezed through.

http://www.undersiegegame.com/forum...840&sid=29fefaf2debe4ffbff7a5670f08b9785#p840

Patch 1.02 (In testing)

- ADDED: New option to enable additional post processing at high resolutions
- ADDED: New option to disable edge scrolling when using the PlayStation Move controller
- ADDED: Players can now continue the campaign from any level they have already finished, instead of only the last
- ADDED: Antialiasing at 720p and lower resolutions (MLAA)
- CHANGE: Player units now only pursuit nearby enemies up to 5 meters from the position order by the player, and return there after either killing the enemy or if they get to far
- CHANGE: Improvements to controller dead zone handling
- CHANGE: No longer necessary to reassign the navigation controller to slot 1
- CHANGE: Player units in casual difficulty receive less damage
- CHANGE: Enemy units in all difficulty levels no longer benefit from flanking or critical bonus (only affects single player)
- CHANGE: General performance improvements and shorter load times
- CHANGE: If a player disconnects during a ranked match, the other player is automatically awarded a win
- CHANGE: Balance adjustments
- FIX: Players in casual difficulty receive double the gold from killing enemies
- FIX: Improvements to online play
- Several minor adjustments and fixes

Patch 1.03 (Being worked on)

- ADDED: Map sharing feature
- CHANGE: 720p video recording

Started playing this today. That's a good set of changes. The screen always pans away if my controller happens to be at the edge when the mission starts. That throws me off immediately. Otherwise, the Move control is smooth and precise.

The game can be difficult. My Gunner keeps getting killed because he walks too slowly. May be I should switch to casual difficulty.

Not sure about winning condition. Sometimes, I couldn't end the game by dashing to the flag when there were enemies around. One time when I only had one archer left, I cleared the level by moving her to the flag while enemies were chasing after her.

Pretty interesting game so far. Lot's of potential in the structure. The game should shine on a touch screen unit.

They should make the archer run when she's under attack.

Good set of fixes. Looks like they've addressed Shifty's main complaint ... For me going back a level in my campaign is a good one.

Seed have been very good in listening to the comments on their forum. That's excellent customer support and after-sales service. I wish all companies were so open and considerate!

It looks like the game supports multiple outcome per level ?

In the 2nd or 3rd one, I saw a hefty robot attacking a group of archers. Was going to path find to save them. But I passed the objective flag accidentally and cleared the level. Can I fight the robot at all ? Or us it an in-game story event ?

In the level where the poisonous snakes appear, I saw more than one star icons. Are they both valid "end games" ? Again, I found a shortcut and complete the level accidentally. ^_^

This is probably my favorite hardcore Move game so far.

bought the game using my temporary plus account to support the devs because of all the nice features...tried first mission, but get confirmed that RTS is not my thing...

First mission ? That's a cake walk since it's a tutorial. ^_^

Did the screen pan and rotate wildly ? I got confused at first because I thought the tutorial wanted to show me an an-game event. Turns out I was sitting too close, and the Move controller was at the edge of the screen. It caused the game to pan the view.

I think the later missions are difficult though. Good that the patch will attempt to balance the game further. Otherwise, I will switch to casual difficulty.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32332307&postcount=337

Starting today Under Siege gets a 30% price cut in all SCEA and SCEE territories.
Available for everyone. SCE Asia is not included in the discounts.

SCEA - 19.99$ -> 13.99$
SCEE - 14.99€ -> 9.99€

Patch is still doing the rounds at QA, it has been tough getting everything we wanted up and running but it will be worth it, specially the extra content for 4 players.

Meanwhile here in Portugal we are launching the Under Siege Art Book on Nov 2nd for all the Portuguese fans. It includes 2d and 3d art from the game, sketches and the 22 page comic launched digitally before the game came out.

Yesh ! PSN shopping unblocked.

Under Siege – Enhanced Edition Free Update Now Available
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/13/under-siege-enhanced-edition-free-update-now-available/

Today’s free 1.02 update adds the following features:

* Upgrade to 4 players online and local
* Antialiasing in both 720p and 1080p
* Players can now continue the campaign from any level they have already finished, instead of only the last
* The first few levels of the game were rebalanced to make the game more accessible to new players and the casual difficulty was completely redone
* Cooperative maps are unlocked from the start
* General performance improvements and shorter load times
* News feed from the team directly on the Main Menu

It's a good game. Now that they've mostly fixed units wandering off, it's very playable, and quite varied. Archers can still be a little free-roam, but on the whole they stay together and can be used effectively. Difficulty on 'advanced' (normal) isn't hard. Control does get messy when the action livens up. I'm not convinced by this sort of RTS on a console controller. With only 4 unit slots and sometimes five units, sometimes I just can't get the unit I want to do what I want when I want. But until now it's been okay. I will have to look up how to get past the next bit
Big queen worm. My archers prioritise shooting it instead of the mobs. If they hit mobs first and shot the queen at opportunity, it'd be easy.

Oh, and it is very clean at 1080p. Framerates not smooth, but at 720p framerate is no better, so may as well enjoy the 1080p! ;)

I'm not convinced by this sort of RTS on a console controller.

Fortunately you can also play this with Move? :) Still hoping you'll grab a cheap Move bundle sometime soon.

May also return to the game now.

I don't think Move'll help much. You'll be able to point at a unit to select, but when they are all milling around it'll be hard to pick one out. With practice I'd get better at selecting the desired unit. It'd be nice if the different units were coloured differently to show they were in a different group. With four archer units, two on the left button and two on the right, it's not clear who's selected and who's getting hit. If a unit on the right needs healing, I want to select the units on the left button. There's just nothing to tell me which is which. ;) When I can I keep the left units actually on the left side fo the screen, ish. I tend to just overlap them though. With four archers moved the move in a 3 x 4 block. Arranged into two teams, they can be moved as two 3 x 2 groups for a higher concentration of firepower.

Overall tough, I just regard this as a fairly 'loose' RTS. I got the 'complete one chapter with no units lost' trophy. Losing one or two now is just how it goes; trying to save them all is more trouble than it's worth. May as well spend that money on something!

I can't see myself getting Move...for any reason now. Maybe Sorcery, but unlikely. I've tried move in RUSE, the Move games, and such, and just not found it compelling enough to fit in. My entertainment is currently served sat in front of the TV on a controller. ;)

It sounds like a UI issue. When you press a macro button, does the game highlight the selected group ?

Should have added RemotePlay capability so that I can play on Vita's touch screen. Move control should be faster than DS3 for this game, but touchscreen is even better.

I don't think Move'll help much.

I think iWaggle did coverage on it, back in the days, wich might help you see more of how Move adds or subtracts to the game. He usually does a comparison with how it plays with DS3 tough, pro's and cons..

Found it:
http://www.iwaggle3d.com/2011/01/video-iwatch-under-siege.html

I don't think it's the same as Ruse tough if I recall correct, am at work now, and got no sound so can't see video for myself.
Dunno if any move-centric controls have been patched since then tough.

Back