[PSN] Under Siege

Under Siege (Native 1080p, Motion Controls, Video Chat, Etc)

3729726319_6a9d4dcf1a_o.jpg

3503220508_19ed42c995_o.jpg

3503221260_fa2be4b7af_o.jpg

Highlights
- Native 1080p
- Replay recording with option to upload to YouTube
- Motion Controller support
- Splitscreen for Co-Op and Competitive
- 4 players online
- Video and voice chat in game and in lobby
- Photo Mode
- Custom Soundtracks

Full In-Game Editor
- Create your own level (single player, multiplayer) or a full campaign with your story
- Use the same tools that we used to make the Single Player Campaign
- Upload it all for everyone to see

Launching in Spring 2010

http://www.undersiegegame.com/

http://dev.undersiegegame.com/

3950582110_1a43deb5a0_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1080p, Spring 2010, and motion controls would indicate PS3.
Uploading user created levels suggests the same. Sony have a real thing for that at the mo'!

So this'll be a wand-controlled RPG? Might help shift peripherals to the RTS-starved console crowd.
Edit : Also it's a PSN download title.

Is this PS3 exclusive or is there a PC version planned?!?
Judging the graphics from the trailer: looks really good (Sacred2-ish if you asked me).

Dev diaries are interesting:

under siege dev said:
We’ve taken a page out of Little Big Planet’s book here and decided to not only include a fully featured editor, but also to create all the included game content using that same editor.
You will be able to mold the terrain, define terrain properties, adjust water, place props, adjust lighting, create triggers and cut scenes, and essentially create a whole new game if you feel like it.

Having built all our levels using a PS3 controller led to constant improvements in both the interface and the control scheme so that our level artists wouldn’t feel constrained by the input device.

under siege dev said:
All the screen shots posted here were taken using the game. At any time you can pause the, adjust camera parameters, position and orientation and take a screen shot that is exported to the XMB. We aren’t adding any “extras” at this time (like additional anti-aliasing, higher quality shadows, etc), but we might consider it for the final release if you guys want it.

Is this PS3 exclusive or is there a PC version planned?!?
The official website only lists PS3.

Dev QA :

Q: The game will be a tower defense style? Mini-RPG, tower defence game. RTS? Is it a RPG? There is base building involved right?
A: Under Siege is an RTT (Real Time Tactics) game. It focus only in battles without gathering resources or base building.
Q: Will there be a single player story campaign in addition to multiplayer? Splitscreen co-op and versus support would be AWESOME
A: Yes, there is a Single Player campaign. We will have split-screen support, more on this soon.
Q: I’m guessing user made content will be maps?
A: We will reveal more in a future dev diary post.
- How to get it
Q: Are we looking at a PSN or full fledged Bluray release?
A: It’s a PSN release.
Q: Is this a Playstation Network Exclusive?
A: Yes.

Does it support SIXAXIS for direct pointing ?

I agree UI for RTS is crucial. They need to support traditional controller well since not everyone will have Arc.

Terrific way to get developers to jump on new tech. I bet Capcom is thrilled about the wand being delayed for Super RE5: Turbo, too.

There's an official website now, with some details on units etc. Units have special abilities, adding an extra layer of sophistication. I hope it controls well, especially in coop modes. Sounds like it'll make a great change from the typical games of this generation.

Back