[PS3] New Lair screenshot

Edge said:
To make money, they would have to sell over a million at $50 US, and it's not going to happen for all of those titles.

What the next generation going to be like? $50 million a title?

Something is going to break, as this certainly cannot be sustained.

No wonder prices have increased this generation.

But with the game being released worldwide (hopefully) and being 1st generation I would like to think that a million wouldn't be out of reach. Just take a look at the Xbox 360 game and their sales worldwide.

And the assets and technology from Lair will lower the price of future games from this same team. So maybe the sequal (if there is one) will cost $15 million to make?

Nicked said:
Yeah they do, thats $30-50/sale depending on title, retail price next-gen. Nintendo wouldn't be in the business if this wasn't so.

bad comparison since N has horrible 3rd party support. PS2 has what 4000 games? How many are first party? like 1%? Seems to me the royalties on the other 99% of these games sold over 100million consoles would far outweigh profit from 1st party game sales.

scooby_dooby said:
bad comparison since N has horrible 3rd party support. PS2 has what 4000 games? How many are first party? like 1%? Seems to me the royalties on the other 99% of these games sold over 100million consoles would far outweigh profit from 1st party game sales.
A large percentage of PS titles sold are published by Sony. Forgot the figures, but its significant. Not quite Nintendo numbers, but still.

I just realized this, 4000 games over 100 million PS2's with a tie in ratio of 10:1

That works out to 250,000 copies average per game, a lot of companies are going to be taking it hard this generation.

Jabjabs said:
I just realized this, 4000 games over 100 million PS2's with a tie in ratio of 10:1

That works out to 250,000 copies average per game, a lot of companies are going to be taking it hard this generation.

First you should know the percentages of low budget games. There were also still many tetris like games for PS2.

Jabjabs said:

Just curious but why do you believe that?

Edge said:
Note, in the Powerpoint presentation, you can move the Dragon/Rider picture, and this shows up:

1143472339_0.jpg

Weird! Placeholder?

It's definitely from the Dagobah level in Rebel Strike on Gamecube. I'm surprised that more people haven't been able to place it since I know we all played Rebel Strike back to front with a box of tissues on hand am I rite? ;)

Their is an extended real-time trailer hovering out there somewhere, where there are dozens of dragons flying in the sky together (not just two duking it out). I believe it was taken at TGS last year and posted on Ruliweb. Since I can't read Korean, it's incredibly difficult to search through their news archive to find it. Can someone find that shakeycam extended trailer on Ruliweb and post the link here? That trailer is better than the one we've been looking at so far.

I've actually found a screengrab of the trailer I'm talking about on IGN:

lair-20050721064734782.jpg

Again, does anyone have access to this version of the trailer?

I was trying to judge that myself...it's a toss up for me, though. Technically, I'd say they are very similar models but with different levels of effects. Artistically, they are definitely different. Mind you that the contrast of the surrounding environment and and the HDR on the back of the Project Offset Dragon is extremely high, where it is more diffuse in the Lair trailer. It's very difficult to tell which, if any, has more techinical merit. Artistically, it's all preference.

I think both rock.

Not really into dragon games but I am always happy to see what the PS3 is capable of.

The future looks rather promising. :)

mckmas8808 said:
Well not really, you see the PO dragon for like 8 seconds. Which do you think is better? I personally can't make up my mind yet.
Okay, I'm probably mixing it up with something else.

Back