[PS3] New Lair screenshot

No issue at all. Someone else can do it in another game with similar concepts.

Hoard is an interesting title with Move potential, for example.

That's actually a pretty cool screenshot.

Speaking of the game, was it actually that bad? I remember hearing it was mostly just the awful controls that ruined it for a lot of people. Riding around a giant dragon while flaming people sounds like it should be fun.

A little buggy towards the end (I got teleported once). A few battles are not well tuned/balanced (Ran out of time, hard to see enemies because the battlefield/sky is huge).

IMHO, the controls are ok, save for 1-2 special moves. It felt natural. And you're flying a giant beast.

I kinda liked it, and there're a lot of scope to explore/follow up. Too bad they gave up on the concept. :(

EDIT: Oh yes, nice music.

I thought it was kinda cool actually. Loved the dragon designs and just how huge everything felt. The overall sense of scale in Lair is exemplary. I also think it looks rather impressive, even today. I got it after the regular controls were patched in, though. The game's still pretty janky, and the mission design can be downright cruel (no matter the controls), but you can make it work if you want to. Good story too, and a fantastic soundtrack. I think the incredibly negative attitude towards everything Sony related definitely contributed to the crushing review scores Lair received when it was originally released. The press was hungry for a whipping boy, and Lair was the perfect candidate. It isn't exactly a good game, but it isn't horrible either. You can do so much worse.

Back