PS3 launch in Japan

I used to order on play-asia during several system launches. This is the first time I remember that their preorder list doesn't eclipse supply for the first one or two weeks.

I used to order on play-asia during several system launches. This is the first time I remember that their preorder list doesn't eclipse supply for the first one or two weeks.

SCEE must be happy.."it worked!" etc. That's one of the things that made me very hopeful about my Playasia preorder shipping promptly (i.e. the fact that most other interested parties wouldn't be able to order one from them), but it's taking forever to sort out the shipping/billing address situation, since there's literally a day between our emails back and forth, usually :(

Kutaragi will apparently be at the Yuurakucho Bic Camera, though he may visit others also.

There isn't much incentive for a person from NA to import one -- in the past, when there was a several month gap between JP and NA releases... now we have to wait a whole 6 days longer. EU can't legitimately order from playasia, so that cuts that market out. People in JP aren't necessarily going to want to pay the ridiculous price before even trying to camp out (do people in Japan actually use playasia much?). Would be surprised if they still had stock by tomorrow though.

None, he will be overlooking the campers from his spaceship and laughing hysterically at the US campers.

lol.

Thanks Titanio for the info. I remember Kutaragi being interviewed on the day of the PS2 launch in Akihabara, iconic memory that was, was on BBC headline news. This launch should be hitting headlines tomorrow morning or maybe even tonight!

Wow, these lines are like what we have during Cricket Match ticket sales.:devilish:

This is the first time I am witnessing a console launch.:cool:

I read that there are probably 15 a store....some places are having raffles for the ps3.

Some of the flagship chain stores in Tokyo have a good allocation each, ~500units - hence the huge lines at those stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
.... Who old r u? 1 year since the last one! :LOL: ;)

Only 26.:LOL:

Actually what I meant was this is the first time I am actively following a Console Launch, I didn't keep track of 360 launch and wasn't aware enough at PS2 launch (and BTW I am talking only about Home Consoles).

images824760.jpg

It's like Dead Rising. :LOL:

Back