[PS3] God of War III Pre-Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, it's all subjective, for this kind of thing :)
That's why I won't argue. In this case, I can't comment on the technicall side of the trailer (I'm not sure anyone can from it, too brief, can't see a lot of the environment) but I like the art direction.

Can anyone tell from those 20 seconds that the game employs HDR? It certainly has a strong bloom effect at times. I'm thinking Nao32 HDR since the game looked like it's 4xaa all over the screen,...or not?

Yeah I'm really surprised on the mixed reaction to these visuals. Taking a look at the 1080p video off of PSN and screens taken off of it, I think this is one of the best looking games in development and easily the best looking action game to date. Comparing it to the originals on PS2 is just being sour on it.

That would be a disappointment, though, since GoW2 was a remarkably good-looking game for the PS2. Aren't amazing graphics part of the package?

I certainly hope so. I would have thought that the game started pre-production since April 2007, so 2 1/2 years to create an amazing looking game with the talent at Santa Monica would kinda be my hope.

I wouldnt mind if they were reusing some of the artwork for GOW3.

I agree, the QTE's that required use of the analog nub were the most annoying (due to the nature of the hardware). They are also artificial, especially when you have to rinse and repeat them 4 times in a row to kill a boss.

And the purpose of allowing the player to participate in a over the top kill animation, is somewhat diluted by the fact you have to closely watch for the button icons, making it hard to watch the actual animation.

The QTEs in the PSP version were indeed a pain at times (still leagues better then the ones in Heavenly Sword or Clive Barker's Jericho with their tiny input windows and almost random appearance),
but I think they worked very well in GoW 1+2, especially with the smaller enemies (like ripping a Cyclopses eye out). They always had a natural and intuitive rhythm to them and you could make it on your first try if you paid a little attention. The ones in Cyberconnect's Naruto game for the PS3 are even better (and unless someone figures out an ingenious new way of controlling games in the near future, comparable visual pay-off moments will continue to be pretty much impossible to achieve during regular gameplay)

I can't agree on this based on the psp one. I hated the quick time events in it. I hate quick time events. The one where you had to push someone off you was the most rediculous thing i've ever seen in a game though.
When I said GoWs, I meant the first two, haven't played Chains of Olympus enough to see any QTEs.

Best thing about this little piece of video is that there is a God Of War on the way to the PS3. I will leave the judgement up to those that wants to do that, but i would be surprised if this game isn´t incredible looking when it´s released.

I for one loved the teaser trailer. I am certainly hype to really see what GOW will offer.

Parts I loved was the animation and the fact that the battle took place on Gaia. If you watch you will notice the landscape shift from being horizontal to vertical. Love it.

I thought the battle with Cyclops was really impressive in terms of lighting, shadows, atmosphere, physics objects, wind and animation. But yeah, if we can see what Jaffe has seen, I doubt people would call it PS2 remapped or nonsense like that ;).

I for one loved the teaser trailer. I am certainly hype to really see what GOW will offer.

Parts I loved was the animation and the fact that the battle took place on Gaia. If you watch you will notice the landscape shift from being horizontal to vertical. Love it.

Well, didn't the E3 trailer suggest Titanomachy: First Blood Part 2 starring Kratos.

I never bought any of the previous God of War games (too late in the PS2 life span for me to care, I guess), but what I'm seeing of God of War 3, I definately like. Great trailer! The fast paced gameplay and the moves look mad. If it's really 60 fps and runs and looks as well it just did in the trailer, then it's a definite buy for me!

I never bought any of the previous God of War games (too late in the PS2 life span for me to care, I guess), but what I'm seeing of God of War 3, I definately like. Great trailer! The fast paced gameplay and the moves look mad. If it's really 60 fps and runs and looks as well it just did in the trailer, then it's a definite buy for me!

They are pretty good games. More or less, they are "summer action blockbuster" games. Shallow story, lots of action, and easy gameplay. The 1st, IMO, was the best because it had some really awesome puzzle design, but the second would be the best for action.

Overall they are still great games to go back and revisit if you have a PS2 or a BC PS3.

Leaked scans from Gameinformer. You can only just read the text. Graphics don't seem that impressive, looks like the models are made out of clay.

As Pointed out, scans not allowed -Al

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back