[PS3] Demon Souls

Got it. LOL @ that thing though. It's nice to see that there is still a sense of humour in DS.
What can I say about the Dragon God? It was very cool, and very anti-climactic.

Yeah, it's an easy boss. But I took 10+ attempts to clear it. Also wasted a Blue Phantom. I am officially stupid ! :oops:

EDIT: Muahahaha... Needed an internal WiFi for R&D. Found an active King_Allant wireless network. After some hunting, I finally locate another Demon's Souls player at work. So awesome ^_^

It's a small world.

I played some co-op for the first time.
That made the game considerably easier. The person I ended up playing with looked like he could take the Flamelurker on on his own. Between the 2 of us that thing didn't stand a chance.

I ran into a little problem in my plan to be invaded. According the DS Wiki I can't be invaded in the levels I've already killed the Boss in. But any players I'm helping in co-op can still be invaded.

I waited a hour, in various places, for another co-op game. No success. Is that normal?

I still see plenty of ghosts. So there should enough other players. Maybe I'm not the only one trying to get into co-op games.

May be it's level restriction ?
http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/online

Level Restrictions

The servers do enforce level restrictions, so a host cannot summon co-op helpers or be invaded by enemy PvP players who are not close to the same level. However, if you are invading then the other player is considered the host, which means they would be higher level than the reverse.

The level restrictions are always based on the host, who is the person not in soul form. If you are within their range, they can summon you, or you can invade them. So, while a high level character might be able to summon you, the reverse might not be true.

An example of this is a 144 player can summon a 119, but a 119 player cannot summon anyone greater than 140. The exact formula is : Host Soul level +/- (Host Soul Level * .1) + 10. You then take that result and always round the answer down. You can use the Level Range tool to calculate this information.

Perhaps, although I had taken that into account. I'm not increasing my Soul Level, and placing the Blue Eye Stone in levels I've only just beaten.

Maybe there just aren't that many players walking around in body form.

Edit: I'm having much better luck being summoned in 4-1.
I was summoned multiple times into somebody's pure black new game+ world. (She used the Northern Regalia, and there were several Black Phantom skeletons) So many things that could, and have, one hit killed me. The tutorial boss, the black skeletons, the gold skeletons, BP skeletons, BP Satsuki. Even though I could do very little damage on them myself, I still managed to make myself useful. (certainly compared to the other Blue Phantom's she summoned.) We had some nice teamwork going where I would move forward first and block the skeletons first attack, and try to get them to turn their backs on her, and then she would backstab them. It's a shame I never made it to the Adjudicator in that game. Although I probably wouldn't have lasted long.

I also got to kill an invader in that game.

Last edited by a moderator:
:LOL: I remember pure black 4-* during Atlus' special event. Should try to take on BP Satsuki alone. You can do it easily once you figure out the strategy/philosophy. He's tough because he deals heavy damage, attack fast, and knows how to heal himself.

The black gold skeletons were scary too. I remember I had sweaty palms after I cleared the "windy" cliff.

I was hoping they would do more pure black or white special events, although that seems unlikely at this point. I'm playing offline just to maintain pure black in world 2.
I haven't been able to defeat BP Scirvir just yet. But I'm getting a lot of stone shards and clunks out of it. I finally got the last one I needed for a Sticky Compound Bow +5.

Also, it's going to be so much fun to kill Patches when the time comes.

Around which Soul Level should you be ready for the end game? I'm SL 60 right now, and I still have the last 2 levels of worlds 1, 3 and 4 to go. I just beat world 5 rather easily, which isn't good considering Demon's Souls is all about the satisfaction you get from overcoming a difficult challenge.
Garl Vinland was disappointing. He just stands there waiting to get his head smashed in.

I think that's the problem with the way DS let's you take on each world in the order you want to. By the time you get to some worlds you may be overpowered. The difficulty curve in this game is all over the place.

World 3 and the
Maneater's
are probably next.

I was over-leveled @ 89 when I completed the game.

The False King was quite a handful, so I took the easy way out.

I also cheesed the level 5 boss by attacking his girl friend instead. Only took on the boss head on in my replay. He's alright, but I think the bloody babies in the swamp are more terrifying. I remember I got owned there and cursed repeatedly.

The difficulty is self managed. You next objective should be more fun -- if you refrain from using the most powerful spell. ;-)

I have no powerful spells, or the stats to use them. I plan on using my dragon claymore +3, some light armour, and that new shield I got.

I accidentally missed the opportunity for pure white in world 5. I defeated the archdemon, got my body back, and immediately died. Now I can't get pure white until a new game.

Edit: Well, so much for the
Maneater's. What's the point of having two of them if the first is going to be dead before other one has arrived? I ended up using my Uchigatana +9 instead. It strikes much faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
:LOL: You wield a claymore and sling one of those heavy shields on you back ? You character must be awesome ! I looked at claymore and took a different evolution path. I remember the specs is hefty and it's a two-handed weapon right ?

Uchigatana + 9 sounds great. Do you have two ? Have you checked out the Pantheon yet ? You post reminds me of the characters in the Pantheon.

I'm pretty happy with my character right now. I'm at 22 each for Vitality, Endurance and Strength. Giving me enough health, letting me carry and use most of the weapons and armour I want. Intelligence at 14 to get a second spell slot. Magic, Faith and Luck are still at the base stats for a Knight. And I'm somewhere in the thirties with my Dexterity stat, which is great for the stat bonus on the weapons I like to use. I'm going to keep putting my souls towards Dexterity for now. And maybe later increase Endurance to be able to move faster with a heavier set of armour.

Depending the level I use either the lighter set of Leather armour, or the heavier Gloom armour.

I've been spending a lot of souls on weapons instead Soul Level lately. And playing around with different weapons types to see with ones I like. Right now I like to use a Dragon Claymore +3. The description says it's a 2 handed weapon, but you can use it just fine 1 handed. 2 handed has a nice guard break though. I like to make a Blessed Claymore if I can find that vendor again in 1-3.

I actually have 3 Uchigatana's. A Moon Uchigatana +3 for magic damage. A regular Uchigatana +9 because it's the easiest to upgrade and has the strongest normal damage for my stats right now. And a Sharp Uchigatana +2, which should eventually become the strongest normal damage with higher stats. I haven't had much luck farming Blade stones.

For long range the Sticky Compound Bow +5. Good against magic users.

The 2 shields I use are a Purple Flame Shield +6, and Dark Silver Shield.

I did check out the Pantheon. I was curios to see what some of the best players are using. Strangly enough they also show cheaters in there. Some have an insane amount of souls, which they were able to get through some glitch.

I have no powerful spells, or the stats to use them. I plan on using my dragon claymore +3, some light armour, and that new shield I got.

I accidentally missed the opportunity for pure white in world 5. I defeated the archdemon, got my body back, and immediately died. Now I can't get pure white until a new game.

Edit: Well, so much for the
Maneater's. What's the point of having two of them if the first is going to be dead before other one has arrived? I ended up using my Uchigatana +9 instead. It strikes much faster.

The point is that you may very well end up fighting 2 of them at once if your character isn't well suited for the fight. I certainly had to. (until I cheated)

I'm not sure how, but I still have pure white WT in world 5. :p

I can't wait to finish up all the events in world 5. That place is annoying as hell.

Back