[PS3] Demon Souls

OK - would be nice if I could use PSN for friend messages, etc, without having to risk getting killed in an already harrowing game. Hopefully a patch, or at least something to add to the "things to improve" list for the sequel.

Does anyone know for sure if the white ghosts of other players are real time or replays?

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant open Iron Ring Keys gate in 1.3. I, ve got keys and minister hat.... I don't know is it because of the world tendency or rather because of already kiling penetrator

I can't remember clearly anymore. You need Bloody Iron Key
to save Yuria
, or just a regular Iron Key ?

Does anyone know for sure if the white ghosts of other players are real time or replays?

I haven't seen an official response. This game is seriously lacking interviews. The GI interview is good, but I wish there're more. :)
The white ghosts delivered their fair share of scares in my playthrough. Sometimes I thought something lunged at me.

OK - would be nice if I could use PSN for friend messages, etc, without having to risk getting killed in an already harrowing game. Hopefully a patch, or at least something to add to the "things to improve" list for the sequel.

I *think* you can learn the BANISH spell/miracle to send invading BPs back to their worlds. Haven't tried it myself though. That way you get the full online experience, including the anxiety of getting invaded. Just not the actual engagement :p

I did scripted NAT server instead (pvp session ends, PSN stays) when I carry too many souls (sorry invaders, I have no interest of loosing 200K souls of mine because I'm on NG+ 1-1 )

Why didn't I think of that ? It's almost like glitching Agent Smith in Matrix.

Patsu, Yemeth,

I haven't encountered a single human BP yet, let alone killed one. I have been playing quite a bit of the game offline though to try and get all the black and white world tendency events to occur. I've got most of them...

That's what I'm doing now. But you should try PvP at least once. It's a different experience altogether.

It turned out that I was trying to open wrong door
- the bloody iron key one. Iron ring door are in the tower behind tower knight A.S. where two knights and three archers awaits

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the Bloody Iron Key is in
1-2. Need the regular Iron Key to access. At the place where you meet the 2 knights and 3 archers, there is a locked door on your left (facing the last knight). Unlock it and kill all the bad guys inside. One of them will drop the Bloody Iron Key.

That's what I'm doing now. But you should try PvP at least once. It's a different experience altogether.

I was helping someone in 5-2 as a blue phantom and just by looking at the damage he did I knew I was considerably stronger than him ( I was lvl 106). Anyways we got the black phantom invading message and we both immediately stopped what we were doing and backed up towards each other to form a defensive formation. We waited for a bit in our defensive formation and the anticipation was quite unnerving for me since I've never had an invading bp encounter before. Unfortunately nothing ever materialized. I think the invader saw us and decided it was more trouble than we were worth.

It turned out that I was trying to open wrong door
- the bloody iron key one. Iron ring door are in the tower behind tower knight A.S. where two knights and three archers awaits

I've beat the game so I'm not riding it as hard anymore... but... spoiler tags! :p

There are a lot of people coming into the game now afterall!

Ha ha, I knew you would come back after reading that you started as a Barbarian. It's one of the toughest classes (No armor and starting as level 7 or 9 ?).

The easiest class to start with is Royalty. Freebies include:
* MP regen ring
* Soul Arrow (One hit kill for most enemies in 1-1. Limited range but low MP cost)
* Starting soul level = 1. Therefore, you can level up quickly and assign stat points to customize your style early.

If you see the red-eyed knight wielding a lance/spear, avoid him. You don't need to fight him to progress. He's for an advanced side quest later. Fight the other knight and go through the fog door instead.

Ha ha, I knew you would come back after reading that you started as a Barbarian. It's one of the toughest classes (No armor and starting as level 7 or 9 ?).

* MP regen ring
* Soul Arrow (One hit kill for most enemies in 1-1. Limited range but low MP cost)
* Starting soul level = 1. Therefore, you can level up quickly and assign stat points to customize your style early.

If you see the red-eyed knight wielding a lance/spear, avoid him. You don't need to fight him to progress. He's for an advanced side quest later. Fight the other knight and go through the fog door instead.

Yeah I ran into to the red knight...did not last long either...lol. Iam currently trying to beat the giant Knight. I have the Brushwood chest armor and Brushwood helmet but nothing on the feet(too heavy). Look kind of funny with huge armor and bare legs :LOL:. My weapon is the Bastard sword dont have enough capacity for magic but I purchased the soul arrow but can't use it.

You need a catalyst (wood or silver) to cast magic.
If I remember correctly, a wooden catalyst can be found at the top of the first bridge tower.

Am surprised you made it that far. Great work !

You need a catalyst (wood or silver) to cast magic.
If I remember correctly, a wooden catalyst can be found at the top of the first bridge tower.

Am surprised you made it that far. Great work !

Ok so I have to have that equiqed to do magic? I have it already just did viewed what is was for :rolleyes:. I will give it a try when I get home.

* MP regen ring

meh. I think starting as royalty is good only if you intend to build a magic heavy character. Otherwise I think Knight is a better first time character to use. Your starting armor and weapon is pretty good and you have balanced stats across the board so you can focus on melee and some other skill since lvl 10 is still very early. At lvl 10 you have a decent amount of hp so you wont die as easy as a royal. Also if you want to cast magic, you will find a catalyst pretty early in the game.

Don't tempt me to start a new character. :p

Whoever you choose, I highly recommend a Sticky Compound Long Bow + 5. Pick a regular bow up as early as possible.

Magic is very useful against bosses.
Warding, Poison Cloud, Flame Toss, Soul Arrow/Ray, Anti-Magic, God's Wrath, FireStorm, etc. are really helpful.

EDIT: 2real4tv, you also need a Talisman to cast Miracles. They are a different branch of magic from Spells.

I am one of those people who likes to try around, in my first playthrough I spent a few hours with a temple knight and then wanted to try out a few other chars... In the end I deleted all except my knight :) . When I find more time I want to play an evil char who will play in pure black and invade as much as possible :devilish: .

IMO, I think that the starting character (I like the term origin even more) is not such an big issue as you can upgrade it depending on your playstyle.

The starter item usefulness depends, IMO, mostly on the playstyle of the player, not on the items as such.

Anyway, sparkly-twinkly to all of you :) .

Finally beat
Old Monk (online) after several attempts. So far the most difficult opponent - some of the BP I faced knocked me out in one or two hits. The one I beat was relatively easy. Now only False king left, after beating him I'll try New Game plus

"An NPC summoning a PC as boss"
has to be one of the most awesome stuff I have seen in a video game.

Back