[PS3] Demon Souls

What I am not clear on is what pure white looks like; some of my areas are fairly white - but are they pure white? I don't know. Don't know how bright that light can get!

On the side, I did manage to salvage some more NPC's into my game - the early massacre didn't claim them all it seems.

What I am not clear on is what pure white looks like; some of my areas are fairly white - but are they pure white? I don't know. Don't know how bright that light can get!

Yeah... you'll need a Pure White example before you can recognize it. A Pure White level is sparkling white (very bright). A regular White level is white and shiny too :(, just not as bright.

On the side, I did manage to salvage some more NPC's into my game - the early massacre didn't claim them all it seems.

I'm still trying to find that
heavy arrow
chap I hurt. :|

EDIT: Picture of a Pure White archstone here:
http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/world-tendency

Don't read the text if you're afraid of spoilers.

pure black is easy to get.
I tried to get the NPC black phantom scirivr (sp) to appear in 2-2 by making the world pure black but he never showed up and since I was playing online the world eventually reverted back to neutral.

Last edited by a moderator:
Specwar you're killing me here - spoiler tags for anything and everything related to the game! :p

Ha ha, specwarGP2, I think the general recommendation is to do Pure Black WT offline. Online sways the WT to White too often since bosses and black phantoms get killed all the time.

Armor Spider in the bag! 1st time also.................No, i did not Youtube it beforehand.............honestly!

Heh heh, I Youtubed it beforehand alright. But I beat it using my own cheesy way. :devilish:
[hugs Compound Long Bow + 3]

YESS !! Finally beat the 2-4 archdemon,
Dragon God, alone. Hold my weapon with 2 hands, watch the dragon's head and eyes, then sprint when it's not looking !!

where do you guys farm souls? I know of the places in the DS wiki, but my character isnt strong enough to make farming those areas efficient (too weak, takes forever).

What soul level are you at now ?

4-* are the best areas for farming. Period.

The skeleton warriors may be a pain in the butt initially, but you should be able to manage after some practice.

EDIT: Note that I haven't tried 5-* yet.

Beat the game yesterday - good times. Replayed 1-1 with two phantoms with me; fended off three invasions and rocked the entire level from beginning to end. Enemies are definitely much harder on the next play through! Also decided to read as to why I felt I never had the locked doors situation under control in 1-* during my first play through... left me fairly frustrated! :p

Especially since I had thought of going through certain levels again all the way through on a detective mission but never got around to it. Ah well. I'll be taking stabs at the second play-through now and then and starting up a new game as well with a different character focus. But for no wiki and no anything else, I give myself high marks on the things I did find.

Awesome game.

I'm amazed you could complete the whole game without external references.

How did you figure out boss soul weapon forging ? The process is hit and miss since you need to talk to
Blacksmith Ed
multiple times.

Also, did you do the
Mephistopheles
side quest ?

Which locked door in 1-1 ? The one behind the Red-eyed Knight ? or the one with
Biorr
?

How did you figure out boss soul weapon forging ?

Every major Soul says in the description can be used for spells, weapons, miracles... so it was just a matter of my constantly checking all three avenues after getting each one. Though Miracles as you know wasn't an option for me until much much much later. Wasn't Boldwin, so had to be Ed.

Also, did you do the
Mephistopheles
side quest ?

Nope. Even now I don't know what it is (Don't tell me!) - all I got was a reference to him when Yurt decided to step to me. Of course that was when I started posting that I felt my NPC situation was seriously deficient.

Which locked door in 1-1 ? The one behind the Red-eyed Knight ? or the one with
Biorr
?

Any and all as far as I'm concerned.
I ran around 1-3 forever trying to use the iron key, then I ran around 1-1 trying to use it. I was going to run through 1-2 but just finished the game. Now on playing through 1-2 again I think I see the pertinent door. Hugely aggravating because I was trying to find people wherever I could. I kept seeing their pictures show up on loading screens afterall!

I definitely did not accomplish a single side quest so far as I can tell this play through. But, I give myself high marks on finding items. I was combing through that Valley of Defilement and Latria especially like no other. Of course, I love the in game hint aspect as well.

I did look up 'iron key' after I finished the game because I was so baffled - alas I learned more than I had wanted to! But I'll keep exploring and such and just see how many/much more I wish to play in that mindset. Then I'll just read through everything one day in the wiki and grade myself as well as go grab anything I want to experience.

Nope. Even now I don't know what it is (Don't tell me!) - all I got was a reference to him when Yurt decided to step to me. Of course that was when I started posting that I felt my NPC situation was seriously deficient.

Jeebus... I thought I am patient (I am !). But you definitely far far surpass me in this attribute.

Good luck to your sidequests. I think Demon's Souls is tailor made for people like you. :devilish:

Even now at level 61, I am scouring for all sorts of DS quest and build info from everywhere online. ^_^

Carl B, You finished the game without any help?! I am impressed. The only real thing I read about is the weapon upgrading (and
about the Tower Knight, it did not help; killed him with the wimpy "soul arrow" from afar, as I lost my nerves after x mistries, even made new chars to learn how to kill him in melee. :) Currently I am scratching my head how to kill the Dragon God, wimped out two times with Evacuate after I did not found any tactic.
), but I am still totally lost. Yesterday evening I upgraded my Brushwood shield instead of the HP regen one, think I made a big mistake (spent my only colorless soul :( ).

What I like about the game, even the hardest enemies are much easier, once you find their weakness. So, as soon you find it´s like "take that, for all those times you have killed me " :D . And the "I made it without the hint book/internet" pride is also a great feeling, now I understand the review quote "every bronze trophy is like an platinum".

But I highly doubt I will ever be able to finish it without help, I do not want to even think about it. It helps that I can always say "if I do not make it in x tries, let´s peak in the hints".

patsu, I hoped I was nearer to your soul level, but I am 42 or something, so it is still to far away.

Anyway, fantastic game my hand trembled more than once in certain areas :) ...

BTW, this game is also an example how fantastic art direction can beat technical superiority. I like the distinctive look of the different stages much more then game x with mega engine Y, that looks almost the same from the beginning to the end. The only big flaw is that they did not make an HD install so that the loading time to at least the Nexus is much faster (for farming materials/souls).

Ah and a second flaw, why can´t we watch the fantastic cutscenes once we looked at the in game (unlock or similar)? My jaw fell to the flor when I saw some intros to end bosses (one in the Stonefang mines killed me because I admired it´s looks) :) .

Cheers...

Carl B, You finished the game without any help?! I am impressed. The only real thing I read about is the weapon upgrading (and
about the Tower Knight, it did not help; killed him with the wimpy "soul arrow" from afar, as I lost my nerves after x mistries, even made new chars to learn how to kill him in melee. :)

Yes, I was going to file his case under "Nut Job" but he's too nice for that treatment. ;-)

Currently I am scratching my head how to kill the Dragon God, wimped out two times with Evacuate after I did not found any tactic.
), but I am still totally lost. Yesterday evening I upgraded my Brushwood shield instead of the HP regen one, think I made a big mistake (spent my only colorless soul :( ).

The guide has tips on killing the
Dragon God
. It's true !
You have to watch its head and eye colors, then sprint. Also hit obstacles with both hands. One hand was too slow for me, often resulting in BBQ patsu

I am thinking of upgrading the Purple Flame Shield or the Dark Silver Shield (when I get it).

I think you can get more colorless souls if you play the
Primeval demons
sidequest.

patsu, I hoped I was nearer to your soul level, but I am 42 or something, so it is still to far away.

They say as we level up, our compatible level range becomes larger. e.g., At level 60 or so, the acceptable gap is like 17. So we are rather close now. I am level 62. So 3 more levels !

Anyway, fantastic game my hand trembled more than once in certain areas :) ...

BTW, this game is also an example how fantastic art direction can beat technical superiority. I like the distinctive look of the different stages much more then game x with mega engine Y, that looks almost the same from the beginning to the end. The only big flaw is that they did not make an HD install so that the loading time to at least the Nexus is much faster (for farming materials/souls).

In some cases, you can just reload the game from the menu without going back to Nexus to count as "re-entry".

Ah and a second flaw, why can´t we watch the fantastic cutscenes once we looked at the in game (unlock or similar)? My jaw fell to the flor when I saw some intros to end bosses (one in the Stonefang mines killed me because I admired it´s looks) :) .

You mean the
Armor Spider or the Flamelurker
?

EDIT: I killed 2 more Black Phantoms in 3-1. Was poking around the opening area when they arrived one after another again. Funny thing is they didn't expect to see me so soon. Interrupted and killed the first one while "she" was trying to enchant her weapon in the middle of our duel.

Fought literally toe-to-toe, nose-to-nose with the second male phantom. There was no space to maneuver. Since I have a live body, I naturally have a longer health bar. Almost died because his damage was great and I was bleeding again. I am thinking of upgrading my Falchion one more time. Although I prefer to build a new weapon, like the
Dragon sword + 1 I found in 2-2

Back