Predict: Next gen console tech (10th generation edition) [2028+]

I'm finding it hard believe that you don't understand how marketing works.
I’ve never met anyone under the age of 50 that watches cable TV anymore. If you think that’s how modern game consoles are marketed I’m not sure what else to say lol.

I haven’t seen an ad for an Nvidia GPU either, I wonder how those sell…

It's not that cable TV is the main channel for ads. It's just that PS ads are everywhere, and showing on a place like TV ads kind of demonstrate that.

You see ads of PS on websites, social media, YouTube, on the streets (on big metropolitan cities), on Champions League, on cable TV. Various places. In various countries.

Nintendo pretty much does this too.

Xbox too, but not so much outside US.

You see an ad of Steam Deck on... Steam.

Simple as that.

Can someone spec a pc lite console for 1k to 1.5k sold by oem for a 2025 release? Something forward compatible aka I can put my cyberpunk copy in it or from an ecosystem steam/xbox and get path tracing?

Note before you folks laugh me out this room; I see this industry as ecosystem wars before cloud becomes the standard. The winners are those that can create/control content.

Can someone spec a pc lite console for 1k to 1.5k sold by oem for a 2025 release? Something forward compatible aka I can put my cyberpunk copy in it or from an ecosystem steam/xbox and get path tracing?

Note before you folks laugh me out this room; I see this industry as ecosystem wars before cloud becomes the standard. The winners are those that can create/control content.
I feel that people who think everything will become cloud don't understand the economics of datacentres.
Probably the same people who think LLM's will take everyone's jobs.

People seem to think these pushes to these centralised models are cost effect , they aren't. The problem is the average finance and facilities departments in an average org are run so badly they cant manage the capital expenditure and ebb's and flows. Its just easier to turn it into an opex costs. But i have lost count of the number of places that get opex sticker shock after a cloud move but then quickly transition into "this is just my life now". None of these issues/constraints exist in the consumer space, so long as Sony can keep taking their 60-100 USD per person in subscription revenue that's in all likelihood going to be the most cost on revenue effective.

Back