Do you think there will be a mid gen refresh console from Sony and Microsoft?

I can't believe I am saying this but MLID leak looks a lot more credible than this nxgamer slide. He either did his research and fabricated something that will be really close to the actual product or that's a real slide from Sony.

The only thing missing is an additional 500 mb or a gigabyte of ddr4 for the OS, if the upscaling takes 200 mb the GPU is going to need a bit more available memory for the game.

I did not say it is true. I think frequency is obsfucated. I saw the MLID video now and he said he changed some of the thing in the document to protect his source.

Why some elements suggest a 2450 mhz frequency and other a 2180 mhz frequency? Kepler think the same thing than me.
I wrote kopitekimi in the previous message but I meant Kepler, sorry :/

Where is the 2450 MHz frequency coming from?
I was thinking 2180 MHz for native PS5 pro games and 2230 MHz for BC PS5 games on pro, while disabling CU's to 36. That would mean no automatic PS5 games enhancements, and I don't know if I can believe that.

Edit: I found the source for the 2450 MHz from Kepler. Who knows what that entails.

I think that in order to be able to sell this midgen model, you need a suitable marketing text. Since the basic model is also capable of 4K, you cannot base it on the resolution, so 60FPS remains. However, this may result in users with the base model generally only getting 30 FPS after this. I don't see why this would be good for the majority of people.

It's possible, but I'm finding it hard to believe they would do a process shrink and not also shrink the box.
PS5 still kept their original chassis when they first shifted to 6nm, so it's possible MS just isn't concerned with a new form factor and wants to minimize design costs and keep continuity of manufacturing as much as possible. Maybe they've worked out that this is ultimately more cost effective than doing a full redesign of everything when the existing design is already decent and optimized pretty well. Dunno, but it's definitely plausible. I think PS5 simply had a fair bit more room for improvement than Xbox.

PS5 still kept their original chassis when they first shifted to 6nm, so it's possible MS just isn't concerned with a new form factor and wants to minimize design costs and keep continuity of manufacturing as much as possible. Maybe they've worked out that this is ultimately more cost effective than doing a full redesign of everything when the existing design is already decent and optimized pretty well. Dunno, but it's definitely plausible. I think PS5 simply had a fair bit more room for improvement than Xbox.
This is very plausible tbh. I also think its fair to say we'll soon see a smaller Series X. Maybe next year. But for now its plausible simply removing the disc drive is more cost effective than going through a whole redesign

Last time when there was a process shrink they did a small upclock. Here it looks like it's still on 7nm node. We haven't heard any leakers talking about a new 6nm XSS/X.

Last time when there was a process shrink they did a small upclock. Here it looks like it's still on 7nm node. We haven't heard any leakers talking about a new 6nm XSS/X.
No, but Microsoft themselves has in the leaked documents. No mentions of it being anything but shrink.

Back