PowerVR Series5

psurge said:
From the link above...
Amusement - We have made continued progress in the amusement market with existing customers Aristocrat and IGT as they ship advanced products using our graphics technology. Developments with Renesas/Sammy, and the latest SEGA partnership are expected to lead to volume shipments in the amusement machine market starting from the second half of this year and early next year respectively.

Hmm. So the SEGA part will be ready next year then? BAH! I want to see something sooner :cry:

akira888 said:
I've always believed that the reason cards processed a quad at a time was so that they could be guaranteed access to neighboring pixels texture coordinates for the purpose of calculating the approximate differentials needed for..
Effectively, it's a requirement of Direct X. It's perhaps the only really practical way of doing correct MIP map accessing when you have arbitrary, per pixel, texture coordinate calculation (eg dependent texture reads).

If you only have the usual UV coordinate per vertex situation, then you can easily compute pixels individually because the texture map derivatives (du/dx etc) are trivial to compute.

CIN said:
psurge said:
From the link above...
Amusement - We have made continued progress in the amusement market with existing customers Aristocrat and IGT as they ship advanced products using our graphics technology. Developments with Renesas/Sammy, and the latest SEGA partnership are expected to lead to volume shipments in the amusement machine market starting from the second half of this year and early next year respectively.

Hmm. So the SEGA part will be ready next year then? BAH! I want to see something sooner :cry:

An Arcade machine takes up a whole lot of space; you sure that's what you want?

Back