Possible XB2 launch games *probably speculation*

Brimstone said:
The article has a lot of speculation.

http://www.xblgamers.com/story.php?storyid=118

Half-Life 2 development moved from Xbox to Xbox 2 a while ago. With all-new features exclusively for Xbox 2.

Intresting if true. Is this fact, speculation, or rumour?

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Based on the new movie)
Mission Impossible (Based on the new movie)
King Kong (Based on the new movie)

These titles won't be there at launch... Early adopters aren't that really mainstream. The most viable option is to release these games on current consoles, mid-2005 or during Christmas 2005.

Only read the first few sentences, because it was very well summed up by the following.
Xeno said:
Written by a fanboi.

However, we can make our own guesses, no?

Halo, in one form or another, Halo 2.5. Put a demo of Halo 3 on it. it will sell.
A DoA game from Tecmo will be there.
A racing game must be there - a new PGR.
Bioware will provide a RPG title.

That's my little 'guaranteed to be there' list.

If Madden doesn't launch with Xenon or isn't a new engine, then there will be accusations of EA being in bed with Sony.

There's a lot of nice titles there. HL2 will still be attractive, even a year after release on the PC.

Are movie licenses system sellers? Have the Harry Potter games done well? Obviously the LOTR games have done well.

You can add an RPG title by Mist Walker (the company founded by the original FF director, H. Sakaguchi).

BTW, Half-Life 2... if that shitty ending is changed exclusively on Xbox2 for a better direction, I may be interested :devilish:

But this time, FPS can't intrigue as many people as was interested in the original Halo.

There's quite a number of people around the web who are surprised with the Half-Life 2 mention here as a Xenon launch title. I've been under the assumption for a while now that it is going to be a Xenon title.

Plus I wouldn't like to see how Half-Life 2 looks/runs on Xbox anyhow. :p

wco81 said:
If Madden doesn't launch with Xenon or isn't a new engine, then there will be accusations of EA being in bed with Sony.

There's a lot of nice titles there. HL2 will still be attractive, even a year after release on the PC.

Are movie licenses system sellers? Have the Harry Potter games done well? Obviously the LOTR games have done well.

Ea has been in bed with sony for a very long time. Remember the lack of ea support for the dc ?

wco81 said:
I bought a PS2 because of The Two Towers, so yes they can be system sellers.

3dcgi said:
wco81 said:
I bought a PS2 because of The Two Towers, so yes they can be system sellers.

It was quite an impressive game i must say, shame it got boring after a while. Technically it was very well done, for the time it was released. Content was straight from the movies, so kudos to the movie artists, not to EA :devilish:

Two Towers came out first on the PS2 but it later came out for the other systems, so it wasn't an exclusive.

Plus it was made in London? And later EA bought the studio? I remember reading that EA took a chance on that game, because movie licenses hadn't been that big? Was the first Spiderman out before Two Towers?

I'm expecting:

Half-Life 2 (possibly still only Xbox though)
Perfect Dark Zero
Project Gotham Racing 3
Amped 3
DoA 4

At launch, with Xbox Live compatibility from the get-go.

wco81 said:
Two Towers came out first on the PS2 but it later came out for the other systems, so it wasn't an exclusive.
It was exclusive for a couple months. It's not exclusive now, but that doesn't change the past. The PS2 version was out well before Christmas. The Xbox and GameCube versions weren't out until after Christmas, missing the big holiday season. I'm not surprised that it sold some PS2s. No kid asks for a console on New Year's Day. They want it for Christmas. Obviously, I am not talking about people who can buy their own consoles, or people who didn't want to play The Two Towers, or people who already owned one or more consoles, etc. I also don't know how many consoles The Two Towers sold. I can say with certainty that it sold at least one. :)

wco81 said:
Plus it was made in London? And later EA bought the studio? I remember reading that EA took a chance on that game, because movie licenses hadn't been that big? Was the first Spiderman out before Two Towers?
1. California, not London.
2. EA didn't buy Stormfront.
3. The movies were huge at the time, so not really.
4. Spider-Man came out earlier.

Exclusivity isn't everything. I think every PS2 game I have is available on Xbox, but most of them either came out first for PS2 (like The Two Towers) or I read the main development platform was the PS2. So I think being the main development platform for a game is important whether you're talking consoles or PCs. It was important in my console decision at least.

3dcgi said:
Exclusivity isn't everything. I think every PS2 game I have is available on Xbox, but most of them either came out first for PS2 (like The Two Towers) or I read the main development platform was the PS2. So I think being the main development platform for a game is important whether you're talking consoles or PCs. It was important in my console decision at least.

That's why I always buy the superior versions, plus of course the good exclusives. ;)

Johnny Awesome said:
DOA 4 has been confirmed for Xbox 2... kinda;
IGN Xbox: We know about a number of Team Ninja projects in the works (Code Cronus, DOA 4, Ninja Gaiden 2). What order can we expect them in? Which is next?

Itagaki: DOA 4 is the main project for now. Without DOA4, there will be no Ninja Gaiden2, DOAX2 or Cronus....

...IGN Xbox: Is DOA Ultimate the last Team Ninja game for the Xbox before Xbox 2 launches?

Itagaki: Most likely, yes. Arrival of the next generation machine is closer than you think. TeamNINJA's focus is already on the new machine.
[source: http://xbox.ign.com/articles/569/569953p1.html ]

Back