Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

The awful looking water in Spider-man 2 was legit offending to me. Water in Batman Arkham Knight running on PS4 (released 8 years ago) looks next-gen compared to this.

EDIT: sorry, meant to post that in the dedicated thread!

To be fair, Arkham Knight's was not interactive. It was very dynamic indeed, but did not respond to the player or any other arbitrarily moving object.

To be fair, Arkham Knight's was not interactive. It was very dynamic indeed, but did not respond to the player or any other arbitrarily moving object.
Blood Wake does. Water looks as good as SM2's does also. But it was on Xbox.

Sony the next one in line to vastly underestimate what it takes to create a large connected multiplayer live service game? It's a lot different than making a small multiplayer mode like the original factions

I read some except of the article they didn't pass Bungie review of the projet. They didn't think the game can keep player retention for long term. It is probably Bungie who kill Deviation Games too.

I read some except of the article they didn't pass Bungie review of the projet. They didn't think the game can keep player retention for long term. It is probably Bungie who kill Deviation Games too.

Speaking of, this image is on point:

1685133245579.png

Sony the next one in line to vastly underestimate what it takes to create a large connected multiplayer live service game? It's a lot different than making a small multiplayer mode like the original factions
It’s tough and hard. And you’re not likely to succeed. They are very lucky to have Bungie help here. Just as Bungie was very lucky to have Blizzard help them when they were struggling.

Interesting comment - a typical studio may work on a project for '7 years' but at Nixxes they work 3-12 months on a title, keeping it fresh for the devs.

Yeah, that's a great way to avoid potential burnout for some people that might start to lose focus or lose interest if a project is really long (like most AAA games).

Interesting. So, for people like that, a porting house might be a better fit than a AAA game development house.

Also, for people that like to be technically challenged, constantly moving onto new projects allows them to always be tinkering with the latest technology. IE - you don't get your tech "locked down" with 1-3 years still left in the dev. cycle for a game. Being that most ports are from console to PC also allows much greater flexibility in new graphics tech implementation.

That might explain why Nixxes more than most porting houses has (depending on the game) implemented and experimented with putting cutting edge graphics tech into the titles they've gotten to work on. One of the reasons I've always been enamoured with Nixxes ports.

Regards,
SB

Interesting comment - a typical studio may work on a project for '7 years' but at Nixxes they work 3-12 months on a title, keeping it fresh for the devs.

I hope its closer to 12 months so the ports are good. Sony has had pc ports that range from acceptable to oh god kill it with fire (I'm looking at TLOU)

TLOU wasn't handled by Nixxes though. Here's a list of Nixxes ports - are there any bad apples? The only two Sony ports are SM and SM:MM which I thought well received.

Well

They are better than TLOU but they are still plagued with issues

I'd love to see a reimagined updates for of Motorstorm, inFamous 1 and 2 and Resistance 1 and 2.

Back