Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

For a mid gen console simply having a larger gpu on the new node is probably enough. That's mostly what PS4 Pro was.

Sure if that is also what your competition does. However if RDNA 4 is a large departure or Zen 5 is a large departure and your competition has it and you don't it can be very problematic. Esp with RDNA 3's weakness of ray tracing. Not only that but you also might be getting stuck even further behind on the pc side as more and more games go Raytracing.

That is awesome to see Sony now also offering an accessible controller option for PlayStation. I wonder if it's also extensible using industry standard ports? Considering how expensive those specialized functionality extenders are, that's one thing that MS nailed on their controller.

Regards,
SB

That is awesome to see Sony now also offering an accessible controller option for PlayStation. I wonder if it's also extensible using industry standard ports? Considering how expensive those specialized functionality extenders are, that's one thing that MS nailed on their controller.
Agreed. They have been doing tremendous work adding accessibility options to game controls, providing quite extensive options to adjust controls to suit particular needs, beyond just accessibility and which are valuable use for convenience. So adding hardware options as well is welcome. Now.. Nintendo..

hoping they announce GT for PC.
I'm not one for port begging, but I gave away both next gen consoles to my niece and nephew, so I could really use some access to those titles back on PC again.

The awful looking water in Spider-man 2 was legit offending to me. Water in Batman Arkham Knight running on PS4 (released 8 years ago) looks next-gen compared to this.

EDIT: sorry, meant to post that in the dedicated thread!

The awful looking water in Spider-man 2 was legit offending to me. Water in Batman Arkham Knight running on PS4 (released 8 years ago) looks next-gen compared to this.
It's worse than that comparison, because Arkham Knight's water looked great on Xbox One as well.

Back