Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Yeah its hitting industries all over the place, not in the least car manufacturers, GPUs, phones, it’s a problem almost everywhere. It was partly because of this Sony ramped up PS4 production, because the chips needed for those were more readily available.

"Hey PlayStation! TURN OFF."
"Hey PlayStation! QUIT GAME."
:LOL:

Hope Sony has it tuned so it doesn't respond to audio from other gamers. There were so many running around in MP games shouting that when Xbox had voice commands newly enabled and not filtering.

I remember that story about the CoD player who used Xboxoff as his name. And then went around purposely annoying other players so they would shout at him :D

"Hey PlayStation! TURN OFF."
"Hey PlayStation! QUIT GAME."
:LOL:

Hope Sony has it tuned so it doesn't respond to audio from other gamers. There were so many running around in MP games shouting that when Xbox had voice commands newly enabled and not filtering.

Hell, even Alexa and Siri don't filter out other people. It's still amusing when Twitch streamers will occasionally call out "Hey Siri" or "Hey Alexa" ... Do this thing. And suddenly masses of people will comment how their devices suddenly started to do that thing. The only real way to stop that is for the owner of the device to change the voice activation phrase to something else.

Regards,
SB

Never been into voice commands, neither on my mobile devices nor my gaming pc's or any pc for that matter, probably not for the console either.

I am extremely surprised by the long way Sony has gone through.
Their Interactive Entertainment division (ex-Sony Computer Entertainment) has evolved greatly to the point where the product and their strategy shows incredible quality and impressive forward thinking that I saw possible only in Microsoft.
They seem like they are setting the groundwork so far, to maintain a powerful foothold against a more powerful Goliath.
They are investing and planning appropriately in multiple areas of digital entertainment, technology, networking and services as if they are as capable as Apple, Google or MS with less resources.
The PS3 demonstrated a lot of Sony's shortcomings that were all solved gloriously with PS4. Gone is the pointless overspending, the cultural stubbornness of a Japanese company, imperfectly performing products, pointless slapping of features, lack of vision, narrow mindedness, broken promises etc
Especially with PS5, they manage to innovate and invest in unexpected areas and we have yet to see their full strategy in action.
Their announcements are in general delightful, minus the lack of fully next gen titles that this generation lacks in.
Really the Dual Sense, the 3D Audio, the studio purchases, their studio investment and technological sharing, their AI investment, the PSVR2 innovations, their multiplatform investment and not only are beyond the scope I would have expected from Sony. The PS5 and its assosciated services is probably the best and most well rounded product they have ever produced.

Never been into voice commands, neither on my mobile devices nor my gaming pc's or any pc for that matter, probably not for the console either.

I am like you, but market research shows that 60% of people in the US with smartphones use their voice assistants (90%+ knows the brandnames, Siri,Alexa etc). Things like find the closest restaurant that serves norwegian food etc.
Personally I find it very awkard using voice thingys. But its getting more common it seems

I am like you, but market research shows that 60% of people in the US with smartphones use their voice assistants (90%+ knows the brandnames, Siri,Alexa etc). Things like find the closest restaurant that serves norwegian food etc.
Personally I find it very awkard using voice thingys. But its getting more common it seems
Talking to your phone is different than talking to your computer, console, TV or coffee maker :p
We dont ask our console where is the nearest restaurant while we are driving for example.
Also thats the US. The majority of the world arent English speaking natives that want to use English voice commands

We all wanted that at the time though

le3wn.jpg

Voice powered AI hits all the check boxes. It's simpler and faster. The only real issue is that it's not always reliable (hit rate less than 100%) and that turns people off from using it.

Talking to your phone is different than talking to your computer, console, TV or coffee maker :p
We dont ask our console where is the nearest restaurant while we are driving for example.
Also thats the US. The majority of the world arent English speaking natives that want to use English voice commands

I'm one of those people that used to use voice commands a lot.

For me, it makes much more sense than voice command on phone phone.

On phone I can easily type the search query, open the app, etc.

But for console/htpc, typing is a real pain.

With kinect, I can tell cortana to play music, even with specific title or from specific artist. I also can adjust the volume easily, no yelling needed. No fumbling to find where the remote. It also works precisely (hey cortana, change volume to 80%).

Then Microsoft murdered cortana in cold blood.

As for playstation, I only ever used it on ps4 and it's basically useless. Some game also annoyingly have different voice command to the game title (need to press options and see the voice operation callsign).

Even worse! Some game got super long name that need to be read COMPLETELY for PS4 to launch the damn game.

The voice command features are also super limited. Way more limited than cortana.

I wonder if PS5 voice command gonna be as dumb as PS4 or will be on par or even better than cortana.

But this is a trend, as the AI/Assistant or what you wanna call it, becomes more available across the world, it's likely we will see similar numbers for the rest of the world. Aka staying with the curve might be a wise move for Sony/MS etc.

Voice powered AI hits all the check boxes. It's simpler and faster. The only real issue is that it's not always reliable (hit rate less than 100%) and that turns people off from using it.

Yes, of course the situation that it is useful is a major point, but I think that as we see small kids that play with ipads learns swipes and what not, but are confused when you give them a book, they have no clue how to turn a page.
It shows that we are moving away from certain things to other things, I hate "typing" on a pad or phone or console, even though I am still a bit away from talking to it. I prefer a proper keyboard, then again I am 50 next year and I get decent results from a google search.
But talking to a thingy means you currently need to phrase it in certain ways, just like a google search needs to be done a certain way to get better results. I am not sure I will ever get used to the way of phrasing something nor that find me a Chinese restaurant close by is a situation I am ever in.
I usually have a general idea of what I am doing at that moment and if I need to take a break I am also the kind that looks a round and just things this corner bodega looks fun. :D Like the time I was in Florence with an xgf and we ended up in a taverne, just ordered something and forced each other finish our liverpate/foie gras sandwiches. Man that was crap (I do not like the taste), but a nice memory we still laugh about when our paths crosses these days.

Now than Horizon Forbbiden West arrive, price of PS5 goes up. You have even some shop selling Ps5 give by scalpers and price goes up alone this is more 1200 euros. This is crazy.

screen28.png

Now than Horizon Forbbiden West arrive, price of PS5 goes up. You have even some shop selling Ps5 give by scalpers and price goes up alone this is more 1200 euros. This is crazy.

screen28.png

Thats why i said, if you could get any ps5 for 800 thats a steal these days. In most places including here they go for 1200 at the least, with prices reaching 2000 euro, and their still hard to get.
Its probably going to get worse.

Thats why i said, if you could get any ps5 for 800 thats a steal these days. In most places including here they go for 1200 at the least, with prices reaching 2000 euro, and their still hard to get.
Its probably going to get worse.

800 euros it was the last time I check now minimum it is the same than in France at least 1200 euros. But the worst scalpers sold using normal shop because consumer are afraid to be scammed.

Back