Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Yeah, sounds like you lost the thread of conversation. It would still be the exact same HRTF audio, just delivered over HDMI to a device in the middle, such as an AVR, which then delivers it to Headphones.
HTFR is end-end-to-end, HDMI "in the middle" sounds very a very different.What am I missing?

To clarify, because the '3D audio' term seems to be messing things up, there is '3D audio' as a data format which encodes the sounds and positions, and then '3D audio' that's already encoded into a basic sound stream, particularly for headphones. PS5's 3D audio for headphones is just a two channel stereo audio stream, piped to wired headphones over the controller. For people wanting to use their lovely headphones connected to their lovely amp, they need this '3D audio' stereo sound stream to be channelled through the amp, over the HDMI cable, but PS5 doesn't support that yet.

HTFR is end-end-to-end, HDMI "in the middle" sounds very a very different.What am I missing?

Ignore the HDMI in the middle as in this case it only exists as a transport medium for a 2 channel stereo HRTF stream. Regardless of the path through which the HRTF stream travels the endpoint in this discussion is always stereo headphone.

As Shifty mentioned just now and as Novce has mentioned before, PS5 currently does not support sending the 2 channel stereo HRTF stream to anything except directly connected headphones. While Novce's situation isn't widespread, it does represent a situation where some people would like to use their superior audio equipment (versus what might exist within the PS5 or headphones connected to the PS5) to play back the HRTF audio stream on their headphones.

Regards,
SB

While Novce's situation isn't widespread, it does represent a situation where some people would like to use their superior audio equipment (versus what might exist within the PS5 or headphones connected to the PS5) to play back the HRTF audio stream on their headphones.

Regards,
SB

It's not only about better audio equipment, I'd guess that lot of people who use their computer monitor with PS5 and share headphones between PS5 and PC just use headphone out on monitor instead of manually re-connecting headphones everytime they switch between PC and PS5.

But knowing Sony I don't think they will ever add this, not many people complaining and even if they did, Sony is moving at their own pace... speaking of pace, do we get VRR soon?

Surprised the plates are cheaper than Dbrand's. Will get me some black ones when I'm not broke like I am right now. Is the DS5 stock situation the same as the console itself? I mean is it easier to find and purchase?? Gonna need a black one to go with the plates.

I got my PS5 this thursday and I am really curious. Does the 3D aufio from your TV speakers even work?
Because I dont think it does

I got my PS5 this thursday and I am really curious. Does the 3D aufio from your TV speakers even work?
Because I dont think it does
It's the most nonsensical thing. It's TV speakers, therefore shit, and every TV has a different setup, therefore no way to get the same effect from different TVs, so I'm not sure what Sony were thinking there hyping this up.

It's the most nonsensical thing. It's TV speakers, therefore shit, and every TV has a different setup, therefore no way to get the same effect from different TVs, so I'm not sure what Sony were thinking there hyping this up.

Isn't it use dualsense mic to do the auto calibration?

Btw even if it works well, currently it's still quite rare to find games, even AAAA games, that have proper positional audio in various frequencies with proper mixing.

Although to be fair to Sony, AFAIK all of their 1st party games do have proper positional audio, freq range, and mixing, and FX, and much more.

They had to do something marketing against lack of Dolby support, no?

Surprised the plates are cheaper than Dbrand's. Will get me some black ones when I'm not broke like I am right now. Is the DS5 stock situation the same as the console itself? I mean is it easier to find and purchase?? Gonna need a black one to go with the plates.

Sony have the advantage of mass production, plus they are in competition with others so they'll want to be cheaper. I think these types of things are different to a controller where the quality and feel are really important and can price higher because the quality if perceived to be higher and more important.

Sony have the advantage of mass production, plus they are in competition with others so they'll want to be cheaper. I think these types of things are different to a controller where the quality and feel are really important and can price higher because the quality if perceived to be higher and more important.

Yet, Era members are still complaining they're too expensive.

Yet seem to be perfectly fine with more expensive games. People are weird like that. They're complaining about a one time price versus something they'll be buying dozens of times. :rolleyes:
It's a lot easier to justify an extra $10 on game that has more time and effort spent on it than a $60 game when that price point was introduced, versus anything more than $5 for a pennies-worth piece of easily produced shaped plastic. The 360 faceplates were priced £15 (and even then didn't sell) and they were more sophisticated and expensive to make.

Response to faceplate pricing should have nothing to do with game pricing.

It's a lot easier to justify an extra $10 on game that has more time and effort spent on it than a $60 game when that price point was introduced, versus anything more than $5 for a pennies-worth piece of easily produced shaped plastic.

Pound foolish penny wise, or whatever the saying is. As it's $10 extra times 6 - 12 - 24 - 36 however much, depending on how many games you play. I could have easily had said that they may not be complaining about their $6 Coffees or something else they buy over and over again. This all goes to how people are weird with what the specifically focus on. One time cost versus more regular costs. People are weird.

Back