Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

I had the chance to get one from Curry's a month back. Having seen one in person, I couldn't reconcile the size of the thing with my interest largely being in playing PS4 games at 60 fps. But now I'm back into Apex Legends (we'll see how long that lasts!) I kinda wish I'd got one when I could!

When I play the Demon's Soul Remake on Ps5, I got the issue with the controller that when "running" with the character, it randomly stops moving or walks slow. It seems that the left stick has some issues on th enew dual shocks...meh :(
Luckily, so far, it is the only game which has these issues and all the others seem to work - still is very annoying and kinda lame from Sony QA.

When I play the Demon's Soul Remake on Ps5, I got the issue with the controller that when "running" with the character, it randomly stops moving or walks slow. It seems that the left stick has some issues on th enew dual shocks...meh :(
Luckily, so far, it is the only game which has these issues and all the others seem to work - still is very annoying and kinda lame from Sony QA.

I had that too, I noticed it more in Demon’s Souls but it was there in other games albeit not as noticeable. I thought my left stick was done for but after blowing hard on it while rotating, the issue went away.

I had the chance to get one from Curry's a month back. Having seen one in person, I couldn't reconcile the size of the thing with my interest largely being in playing PS4 games at 60 fps. But now I'm back into Apex Legends (we'll see how long that lasts!) I kinda wish I'd got one when I could!
You had the opportunity to buy one at MSRP in the UK but didn't? Are you trying to get hate from The Internet?

Also, no interest in Demon's Souls Remastered, Returnal, Ratchet&Clank Rift Apart or the enhanced versions of Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima and Final Fantasy VII?

When I play my PS4 games I can't imagine playing them again on Pro (and my previous PS4 was even worse). Way too noisy to the point that I avoided some games (like Dreams) because of the noise. PS5 is quiet, not totally but it's actually producing less noise than others devices in my home. But most importantly the sound (that is rather low-pitched) is constant whatever the game / scene you play.

By the way welcome back Shifty!

When I play my PS4 games I can't imagine playing them again on Pro (and my previous PS4 was even worse). Way too noisy to the point that I avoided some games (like Dreams) because of the noise. PS5 is quiet, not totally but it's actually producing less noise than others devices in my home. But most importantly the sound (that is rather low-pitched) is constant whatever the game / scene you play.

By the way welcome back Shifty!
I once started Valhalla in ps4pro mode by mistake (back in the day when there wasn't noticible difference as its now after firmware update) and thought wtf is this ;d ps5 version much better so yeah, also can't imagine playcing crossgen now on lastgen

When ever I see anything by Cerny talking about the PS5, I get the feeling that 3d Audio is his big pet project in the box. He also mentions RT for audio a lot, so :)
What games on the PS5 has great 3D Audio? Like really stand out mind blowing, wow GTA3 is in 3D while 2 was in 2D like feeling.

Also quite surprised about developer asking for 1G read from the SSD and Sony target 5x-10X that.

When ever I see anything by Cerny talking about the PS5, I get the feeling that 3d Audio is his big pet project in the box. He also mentions RT for audio a lot, so :)

I don't have PS5 yet, but last time I checked, there is no 3D audio for headphones connected to a TV or monitor, because Sony think that their consumers are idiots. They allow 3D for headphones only for wireless, usb or via dualsense connection.

Last edited:
I don't have PS5 yet, but last time I checked, there is no 3D audio for headphones connected to a TV or monitor, because Sony think that their consumers are idiots. They allow 3D for headphones only for wireless, usb or via dualsense connection.

What does that have to do with my question about any game having great audio due to 3d audio?
Would not the TV or the link to the TV be limiting component in this setup?

What games on the PS5 has great 3D Audio? Like really stand out mind blowing, wow GTA3 is in 3D while 2 was in 2D like feeling.

Also quite surprised about developer asking for 1G read from the SSD and Sony target 5x-10X that.

2077 has amazing 3d audio on the ps5 too.

2077 has amazing 3d audio on the ps5 too.
I'm not trying to turn this into a vs argument, but is the sound better on PS5? Better than PS4, or Xbox, or PC? I'm just curious if it uses any of the extra hardware or if it's just the great sound Cyberpunk has on everything.

I'm not trying to turn this into a vs argument, but is the sound better on PS5? Better than PS4, or Xbox, or PC? I'm just curious if it uses any of the extra hardware or if it's just the great sound Cyberpunk has on everything.

It has 3d sound using Atmos, atleast when i played it on PC with W10. Headphones really did some wonders there. Didnt play on PS5 (or other console) but it should be having it aswell.

Back