Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

so if you keep it plugged in at all times, it doesn't charge the battery and the power goes directly to the controller unit? I mean, yes on Xbox controllers this happens. If I toss the removable battery the controller still operates. This makes sense because they know players may not have a battery on hand and still need to be able to play.

But that may not be the case for PS5 controller. Since you can't remove the battery, I'm unsure of how it's circuited.
So I haven't tried this with a PS5 controller, but PS4 controllers do work without a battery in them when plugged into a USB port. Well, at least on PC. We use a PC to test controllers at works and I often have the controllers in various states of teardown and plug them in to test them. You don't want to replace an analog stick and put the whole thing back together to find out that something isn't soldered back in quite right.

So I haven't tried this with a PS5 controller, but PS4 controllers do work without a battery in them when plugged into a USB port. Well, at least on PC. We use a PC to test controllers at works and I often have the controllers in various states of teardown and plug them in to test them. You don't want to replace an analog stick and put the whole thing back together to find out that something isn't soldered back in quite right.
interesting, thanks for the update.

There are 2 Rumour for 28th June and 8th July but none of them are official.

Probably we'll get something on 25th when Blue Box show something about their game.

There are 2 Rumour for 28th June and 8th July but none of them are official.

Probably we'll get something on 25th when Blue Box show something about their game.

There is a third one saying Sony will do an event in September. I don't think Sony will do an event in July. It is before end of June or September.

There is a third one saying Sony will do an event in September. I don't think Sony will do an event in July. It is before end of June or September.
and 4th option there is no sony event this year couse they don't have anything new to show :)

and 4th option there is no sony event this year couse they don't have anything new to show :)

For sure we will not see Death Stranding director cut's in a few weeks like Geoff Keighley told us, new footage of Horizon Forbidden West, first footage of God of War, Gran Turismo 7 and Square Enix didn't show anything of Final Fantasy 16 and Forspoken in their own event because they don't want to promote their own title. We can have more news of Capcom Pragmata, On indie side, some news of Stray, Little Devil Inside. And I forget for the Harry Potter game not at Warner Bros conference at E3 and planned for a 2022 release.

They can do an event without new games

EDIT: Forget the annual Call of Duty and other games where Sony have marketing campaign.

Last edited:
The september one is supposed to be the second event, that's why I didn't mentioned it. But who knows

Back