PlayStation 3 to Launch in March 2007 in Europe According to Spong

Titanio said:
Not that this isn't true, necessarily, but Next-Gen said nothing about Europe. And Spong's "source" on the US/JPN september launches was undoubtedly Next-Gen. You see it happen all the time, sites repackage what others say with their own twist (in this case, a euro launch date).

yes this seems true

if you read my reply, I'm talking of many different rumors, not only the one linked
for example, this is another:

Late Spring into Action?
Our developer is first to chip in: "We think that in Japan it will most likely release during Summer, Q4 in the US, and Europe in Winter or Spring 2007 - these are our internal projections." And right now, it seems most observers would agree.

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200602/065_p5.asp

if you think that they release the console in spring 2006, you're going to be brutally disappointed, there're no gameplay shots or video, only silent, they are far to complete the thing

Griffith said:
if you think that they release the console in spring 2006, you're going to be brutally disappointed, there're no gameplay shots or video, only silent, they are far to complete the thing

I'm not expecting a Spring launch - though a launch in Japan before the end of June wouldn't surprise me - just commenting on how rumours often accumulate on the web :)

Titanio said:
I'm not expecting a Spring launch - though a launch in Japan before the end of June wouldn't surprise me - just commenting on how rumours often accumulate on the web :)

I thought in this way:
end of June Japan
end of october, early november NA and canada
march 2007 europe
summern 2007 australia

but there'are rumors to sony be late in japan to september and to try a NA anticipated +Jap late launch at same time (this is hard to get, for microsoft or sony, is similar)
and the japan will take a lot more machine than what happens with 360

so, I don't get the "NA + Jap launch"

at this time there are 3 ways, IMO

a) the standard "late"

Summer Jap
Q4 NA
spring 2007 Euro

b) the strange thing

Q4 jap+na
march 2007 Euro

c) the "whoa, as much late?" thing (the worse situation of the 3)

September 2006 Jap
Christmas 2006 NA
March 2007 Euro

in order of "reality", IMO:

first a)
second c)
third b)

So, I guess if this is true games for the European release would be in development for about what two years? 2 years of full head on development is kind of unheard of for a launch game isn't it?

mckmas8808 said:
So, I guess if this is true games for the European release would be in development for about what two years? 2 years of full head on development is kind of unheard of for a launch game isn't it?
You think there's going to be a Europe only launch title? I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing. Why would you author a launch title for the smallest of the 3 big markets, especially since it's pretty close in tastes to NA (unlike Japan, which is very particular)?

Sethamin said:
You think there's going to be a Europe only launch title? I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing. Why would you author a launch title for the smallest of the 3 big markets, especially since it's pretty close in tastes to NA (unlike Japan, which is very particular)?

I thought EU was close to over taking NA in Playstation console sales?

Smallest of the three market?

The Europe is slightly behind the US whne it comes to PSones and PS2s sold. Almost twice as much as what they sold in Japan. ;)

Its amazing how any thread with PS3 in the title quickly becomes multiple pages. Especially when there is no content what-so-ever in the thread. Even if it is true, what is there to discuss other than rehashing the same discussions for the millionth time? Its almost as bad as that 'David Jaffe knows the realease date' thread.

Oops, my mistake. You are correct, Europe is indeed a far larger market than Japan. Still, the question remains: will there be any launch titles that are exclusively European? 360 had none AFAIK; all were released in both NA and Europe.

Cricket maybe?

chroniceyestrain said:

The Europe is slightly behind the US whne it comes to PSones and PS2s sold. Almost twice as much as what they sold in Japan.

I agree, I really can't understand why the extra-euro people, downplays European market

chroniceyestrain said:
Its amazing how any thread with PS3 in the title quickly becomes multiple pages. Especially when there is no content what-so-ever in the thread. Even if it is true, what is there to discuss other than rehashing the same discussions for the millionth time? Its almost as bad as that 'David Jaffe knows the realease date' thread.

I agree with you too :D
but if there's nothing to talk, every thread is good to talk ;)

chroniceyestrain said:
Its almost as bad as that 'David Jaffe knows the realease date' thread.

:LOL: !!

I'm dieing of laughter at the comment above (a thread about someone knowing something about a release date :LOL:).

Non information for the PS3 gets so much attention because of the lack of info, its impossible to look away or not comment. Its true though, Spong is basically stating the obvious...

BlueTsunami said:

I'm dieing of laughter at the comment above (a thread about someone knowing something about a release date :LOL:).

Non information for the PS3 gets so much attention because of the lack of info, its impossible to look away or not comment. Its true though, Spong is basically stating the obvious...

But what's the obvious? Maybe I missed it.

mckmas8808 said:
But what's the obvious? Maybe I missed it.

Mainly stating that the PS3 will have a March 07' release. In my mind (and I think the majority has this mindset), if the PS3 is released in Spring for Japan, then it will be September (Fall) for the US and finally March (or Q1 07') for Europe

BlueTsunami said:

With extreme hunger, you get to see illusion... ;)

Sethamin said:
Oops, my mistake. You are correct, Europe is indeed a far larger market than Japan. Still, the question remains: will there be any launch titles that are exclusively European? 360 had none AFAIK; all were released in both NA and Europe.

Cricket maybe?
well, for the psp. EU had exclusive titles that where not released in NA or Jap yet, i think it was virtua tennis, TOCA, and some other title. Jap had their own exclusive titles only avaliable in japan (ofcourse since they launched first), and so did NA.

but to be fair, you might be right, id probably want to get my title available to every country possible to keep up with next gen development costs. unless my game is mahjong or something. :LOL:

mckmas8808 said:

There was more than 8 months between the Japan launch and the Europe launch of the PS2 and GC. With the original Playstation the gap was 10 months.

mckmas8808 said:

Mario64 was surely in development for a long time. Halo too (from PC then later moved to Xbox)...

london-boy said:
Mario64 was surely in development for a long time. Halo too (from PC then later moved to Xbox)...

Re: Halo

Wasn't it something like Mac => Xbox? Mac => PC => Xbox?

Vysez said:

The Europe is slightly behind the US whne it comes to PSones and PS2s sold. Almost twice as much as what they sold in Japan. ;)

IIRC, Europe is seen as slightly less attractive than Japan or US because it costs more to adapt games/manuals/marketing stuff... to multiple languages. Not to mention our great 50Hz mode for old TV sets...

Back